IGNORED

Too old to start?

Ifeelspace

the thing i like about experimental music is there are plenty of old people still making cool shit.
if you have to ask, i mean really, you should have this emptiness in you unless you create something.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pitchfork did an interview of some female noise musician ive (a) never heard of whos 19(?) (b) who's music was completely non notable C) who was lavished with overwhelming praise by a pitchfork interviewer (d) was asked to explain her album cover which is her pouring maggots onto her pantied crotch

thats all the information I have, I don't even want to google that shit

so to the original poster, if you can make your debut album cover a picture of you (or a stand in of a young looking boy) pouring crickets or some kind of insect all over his or your balls, you have entered into the appropriate zone to make a music career

was that grimes? *hopes, wishes*

pitchfork did an interview of some female noise musician ive (a) never heard of whos 19(?) (b) who's music was completely non notable C) who was lavished with overwhelming praise by a pitchfork interviewer (d) was asked to explain her album cover which is her pouring maggots onto her pantied crotch

thats all the information I have, I don't even want to google that shit

so to the original poster, if you can make your debut album cover a picture of you (or a stand in of a young looking boy) pouring crickets or some kind of insect all over his or your balls, you have entered into the appropriate zone to make a music career

was that grimes? *hopes, wishes*

Nope. Grimes is objectively overrated but I like her and I think she's a sincere producer, even if her sensibilities are almost too tailored to tastemakers and superficial fans. A lot of female producers have to deal with more assumptions and other shit - like objective or perpetually talked about as "female musicians" and not just "musicians" and Grimes in particular has vented about this.

Anyway the noise producer mentioned is Pharmakon - I had to google (I googled "noise pitchfork maggots" lol) because I forgot her name. I skimmed the pfork article and it didn't even remotely interest me. She seems to have worked with some "reputable" noise producers as a vocalist (Prurient) but meh whatever. And what do you know - WFMU covered her in 2011 and probably out of sincere interest and a calculated fucking feature article to maintain traffic hits.

Never too old,

start out with hammerhead:

hammerhead.gif

Somewhere here I think: http://www.threechords.com/Hammerhead/apps.shtml

Hammerhead! Haha! Haven't thought about that one in a long time.

Hell yeah, I was gonna mention this if you didn't post it.

I remember playing around on Hammerhead when I was 15, and also probably the first ever version of CoolEdit as well as Stomper Ultra ++.

But since 2003 I've been using FL Studio primarily.

And so what if you start later in life?

Archived