IGNORED

Thinking About Getting A Tattoo...Thoughts?

LimpyLoo

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest disparaissant

i'm getting my first tattoo soon. i'm thinking of getting the pulsar map that carl sagan designed for the voyager golden record. not the most original idea, i know, but it's fucking awesome.

get a generic tribal on your chest and bicep and get swole, bro

i have more than one tattoo. what kind of advice could you possibly be seeking? getting a tattoo, in my experience, is extremely personal. the input needed is yours. others can add to your decision but they will not make it happen. get the tattoo. or don't. who fucking cares.

find some ancient alchemical runes that when placed on your fleshy container will make you a vessel through which one of the old gods (perhaps beelzebub- lord of the flies, or mot- the god of death who's hunger can never be satiated) may interact with our realm once again.

edit- do it, pussy!

The sort of advice I was looking for was more like

"how do I not regret this in 5 years"

5 years ago I got drunk, I had a couple hundred dollars in my wallet, and I said "I'm gonna do it, tonight's the night." And so I walked down to the most reputable ink joint in town and turns out they had closed early that night.

I was gonna get "I'm a girl and you're a boy" tattooed on the inside of my arm. And although I wouldn't have outright regreted it, I can't say I woulda been totes stoked about having that particular phrase written on me forever.

So is the secret to find something that you've liked for a long time--something you're unlikely to outgrow--and have that scraped into your flesh?

the secret is evil runes dude!

you might try searching archive.org for occult texts.

how much use are you really getting out of that body? think about what this guy might do with it!

Asmodeus.jpg

be asmodeus's bitch! he'll use your body to do unspeakably lustworthy bestial acts!

edit- do you think you'll regret having your body be the super soaker 200 that slathers earth in a bukkake of torment and anguish? no. it will be awesome.

Guest RadarJammer

i would wait for new technologies to emerge in tatto ink application and removal. getting a tattoo now would be like buying a horse drawn carriage the day before the first cars go on sale

the idea of "this is forever" is romantic but its outdated

i don't think the flesh is sacred but I don't think iv'e ever seen a tattoo that did anyone's image any favors. words/sentences/names are the worst kind of tattoo. how many times do you want to read yourself and aren't people going to get fed up reading the same word on you over and over? its like i get it already, i read it.

Thinking About Getting A Tattoo...Thoughts?

don't, it's reached passé saturation. and on top of that your body is something that you can't just redecorate when you get tired of the old look, like a room in your house or your desktop background. The bloody thing is there for good.

Pointless, don't do it, invest more wisely. Buy an half ounce gold coin or something.

Also this, plus with augmented reality overlays you'll be able to be seen any way that you like.

i would wait for new technologies to emerge in tatto ink application and removal. getting a tattoo now would be like buying a horse drawn carriage the day before the first cars go on sale

the idea of "this is forever" is romantic but its outdated

i don't think the flesh is sacred but I don't think iv'e ever seen a tattoo that did anyone's image any favors. words/sentences/names are the worst kind of tattoo. how many times do you want to read yourself and aren't people going to get fed up reading the same word on you over and over? its like i get it already, i read it.

Guest disparaissant

my brother has a tramp stamp that says:

exit only

\/

he got it while drunk, and then a week later got arrested and spent a month in jail. the cops got a good laugh out of it because prison rape HA

seriously cops suck. but my brother is kind of a dick too so

Archived