IGNORED

Graham Lambkin/Jason Lescalleet - Photographs

spptrl alt del

http://www.erstwhilerecords.com/catalog/070.html

http://ihatemusic.noquam.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9013

New record from these two. air supply (previous album) is a collection of warm, enveloping drones and unnameable sorts of sound miscellanea.. Lots of room sound and odd fuckery. Possibly in the ballpark of some Students of Decay-type music..This topic will sink to the bottom.

Shadow Ring are an awesome band. & Lambkin and Lescalleet are among my favorite sound artists these days. Blindly buy pretty much everything they put out. The new Call Back The Giants (former shadow ring member), Keith Rowe/Lambkin and Lescalleet/Dilloway records are well worth checking out. I'm definitely excited to hear Photographs.

https://soundcloud.com/hansonrecords/dilloway-lescalleet-building-a

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For some reason I needed this album to recognise what sound they´ve been going for as a duo. Before I loved the first half of Breadwinner but thought the rest and amost all of Air Supply was completely hollow. After Photographs they´re like different albums to me. Really loving this one, and being put into a new place with music that I have to learn like a complete new terrain. I might just not have come across it yet but this is completely new music for me.

this one is spotty for me so far, and a pricey double-disk at that... def some gorgeous moments on the first side, and finding more depth to it (as a whole), with headphones. air supply is a perfect record to me, i think the "temperature" tracks on it are more successful than the "kingdom" tracks are on photographs. i think the sprawl/depth of this new one might prevail in the long run, but still unsure.

really enjoy how they let the longer drones breathe and unfurl on air supply. this one feels more heavily edited and refined, with the brief vignettes and 'scenes' stitched together. too early to say, as it's fairly obtuse. lotta glissandi

For some reason I needed this album to recognise what sound they´ve been going for as a duo. Before I loved the first half of Breadwinner but thought the rest and amost all of Air Supply was completely hollow. After Photographs they´re like different albums to me. Really loving this one, and being put into a new place with music that I have to learn like a complete new terrain. I might just not have come across it yet but this is completely new music for me.

you should track down "salmon run" by graham lambkin. in this vein of music, it's stellar

feels like there could be a bigger exposition at play that i'm missing, because i'll wave off the smaller details occurring in the audio scenes, or won't recognize their significance right away. and the high-pitched track on disk 1 is hard to bear at high volume.

• 1 year later...

Archived