IGNORED

Ethan Coen, Joel Coen - Inside Llewyn Davis

MadameChaos

inside_llewyn_davis.jpg

Inside Llewyn Davis is a 2013 American drama film written, directed and edited by Joel and Ethan Coen. The film stars Oscar Isaac,Carey Mulligan, and Justin Timberlake, and was produced by Scott Rudin, Ethan and Joel Coen. It tells the story of a singer-songwriter who navigates New York's folk music scene in the 1960s. The film won the Grand Prix at the 2013 Cannes Film Festival, where it screened on May 19, 2013, and will travel the festival circuit before opening in December 2013.

looks decent, the newest trailer sold me. don't love the weird color filter/washed out look, usually they don't rely on that type of stuff. I suppose it still looks good though, just a weird change in visual style

I don't see it as a flaw, but more a choice having to do with the tone of the music, and the bleak landscapes in which the protagonists inhabit. big up tha drab colours yo.

Also, i have no intrest in watching this, i'm sure that it'll be very nice, but it's not a documentary about some historical subject, or a geofoodie journey through some european heartland with a warm and fuzzy presenter.

The Coen bros could make a film about pocket lint, I'd check it out. They just don't suck. There's always something done exceptionally in some way either technically or creatively. They don't have Roger Deakins as DoP or Craig Berkey on sound for this however.

I need more full blown Carter Burwell scores. I feel like before A Serious Man the last one that felt like a classic Burwell fully scored film was Fargo (Burn After Reading did too actually but didn't love it). No Country For Old Men had almost no score whatsoever (which was cool) but i'm going to miss him this time around if this movie has an O'Brother style score which i suspect it does.
The Serious man score was one of his best i thought.

now that im thinking about Carter Burwell, I wonder how much actual total music running time he composed for No Country. I can only remember maybe 2 minutes total out of the entire movie where you hear these very subtle drones. I only found 2 tracks on soulseek, one of them is an atmospheric drone and the other is a ending credits song which sounds like a typical carter burwell thing (don't love that one). Some crazy soundtrack junky probably has done a bootleg rip of every music cue, i need that

now that im thinking about Carter Burwell, I wonder how much actual total music running time he composed for No Country. I can only remember maybe 2 minutes total out of the entire movie where you hear these very subtle drones. I only found 2 tracks on soulseek, one of them is an atmospheric drone and the other is a ending credits song which sounds like a typical carter burwell thing (don't love that one). Some crazy soundtrack junky probably has done a bootleg rip of every music cue, i need that

IIRC, there's approx. 15 minutes of music including the ending credits, and a lot of the minimal non-diegetic stuff was made with singing bowls (I accidentally wrote bowels here, fyi)

I would also like to hear all the cues.

dave van ronk is kinda lame tho

well i guess that's not true i just hate that kind of music

you hate folk music? lol

folk music is kind of shit

this film seems like it might authentically expose the kind of narcissistic knob-end you get doing folk music to get puss

Archived