IGNORED

Research Shows That Cocaine and Heroin Are Less Addictive Than Oreos

Adieu

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read this earlier today. So happy that someone spends time and money researching this stuff.

Sarcasm?

I think it is an important thing to understand when we are attempting to reconcile our treatment of drugs and those who use them.

Or just the general way in which we approach our existence and the ways in which drugs are related to that existence.

For instance, everything we experience is a chemical reaction of some sort or another and we vilify certain chemical reactions, but ones of equal significance remain lawful. This does seem inconsistent to me.

And people try to make the chemical reaction the scapegoat instead of taking personal responsibility.

"the drugs made me do this" "that was not me, I was on drugs" etc etc.

I've seen the long term effects of coke & heroin. Apples to oranges.

on the other hand, I do consume some form of sugar everyday, multiple times a day. not sure what it would be like to go completely sugar free. highly unlikely it would be like a heroin detox though.

I remember reading somewhere than, in theory, anything that brings any type of pleasure to the senses. Music, food, smells etc. can be considered as a drug, and that any of it is, in theory, also potentially addictive. I think the difference between drugs and "drugs" was pointed out by JR here:

Yeah, because you see people overdosing on Oreos all the time. I doubt sugar produces the addictive side effects that heroin and cocaine do.

Still, I'm pretty sure many here are as addicted to music as I am (and oreos for that matter).

Yeah, because you see people overdosing on Oreos all the time. I doubt sugar produces the addictive side effects that heroin and cocaine do.

People OD on Oreos(sugar) all the time. Its called Diabetes. Diabetes kills people, and makes them a burden to society. Some have to have their limbs removed due to the side effects.

Are we to only be concerned with those chemicals that create immediately recognizable effects in the short term?

People OD on Oreos(sugar) all the time. Its called Diabetes. Diabetes kills people, and makes them a burden to society. Some have to have their limbs removed due to the side effects.

Yeah, but you can OD on anything. People have died of drinking too much water.

Are we to only be concerned with those chemicals that create immediately recognizable effects in the short term?

What is your point?

What is your point?

I dunno, just throwing wood to the fire, see what springs up. :fail:

Well, as I've stated earlier I think it is interesting that some chemicals are vilified when most are capable of killing you. Even those that are necessary for life. The upside of these "illicit" substances is rarely ever discussed.

I would also like to note that many overdoses can be attributed to unregulated product. Also, plain bad product. Oreos are very highly regulated.

Sugar kills more people than drugs do. Just much much slower.

Many drugs kill people slowly as well, barring an overdose. If you have a pure supply of cocaine, morphine, etc. you can last a while before your body begins to fall apart from liver failure or cardiovascular problems.

People overdose enough on sugar that there's a medical term for it: hyperglycemia

I lack confidence, so I eat an Oreo before going into social situations. I know it's silly but I feel panicky if I don't have Oreos ready to eat when I'm out now.

After a while the effect of the Oreos started to wear off, so I ate them more often. Now I just eat Oreos to feel normal.

I lack confidence, so I eat an Oreo before going into social situations. I know it's silly but I feel panicky if I don't have Oreos ready to eat when I'm out now.

After a while the effect of the Oreos started to wear off, so I ate them more often. Now I just eat Oreos to feel normal.

Comfort eating is a thing.

It's not been proposed that they have the same side effects, and kill you in the same way. The research is about the addictive properties being similar.

I used to make Oreo milkshakes with ice cream all the time. It was fucking amazing. The cream from the filling would float at the top in this delicious and deadly mixture of fluffy goodness.

Yes, but does it make you steal from your parents? Does it make you sell your arse for cash? It's about much more than self inflicted physical damage.

Yes, but does it make you steal from your parents? Does it make you sell your arse for cash? It's about much more than self inflicted physical damage.

Nothing makes you do anything. You choose to do those things.

You don't think people with unhealthy diets and lifestyles create a burden for society?

Archived