IGNORED

Research Shows That Cocaine and Heroin Are Less Addictive Than Oreos

Adieu

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People OD on Oreos(sugar) all the time. Its called Diabetes. Diabetes kills people, and makes them a burden to society. Some have to have their limbs removed due to the side effects.

dude just shut up.

People OD on Oreos(sugar) all the time. Its called Diabetes. Diabetes kills people, and makes them a burden to society. Some have to have their limbs removed due to the side effects.

dude just shut up.

Am I wrong?

I mean, I rarely eat Oreos. I don't like them a lot, but, according to this article, I could try heroin without getting addicted, since it seems I can handle Oreos pretty well?

yo laik wtf meng

I haven't had Oreos or even an urge to try them for like 10+ years and that shit was like force fed to me at lame Christmas parties in elementary and middle school - like the ones with crappy plastic cups for juice and soda and like 15 kids all brought doritos instead of real food and shit.

So anyway. Mind over matter?

Knowing Is Half The Battle?

Or something!?

(that said I am addicted to coffer and beeru to the max)

The word 'addiction' is not neutral. Not only is it subjective, but the use of the word implies or assumes certain things about what it means to live in a state of dependency.

One problem comparing heroin and sugar is the sickness that comes when you quit heroin, constant spasms, discomfort, depression, sleeplessness, plus adjusting to the reality of a neglected life, body, teeth... The effect on your nervous system especially is not really comparable in any meaningful way to sugar.

It seems like people really just wanna see drugs as insidious and sugar as innocuous. And I think that's part of the strange phenomenon where people think the world is exactly as it should be. And I think that has to do with how our brains try to find ways to expend the least amount of energy through stasis and routine.

Actually I avoid sugar - I have or used to have a very sweet tooth and my teeth were rotting away, and also I used to go out and get a selection of chocolate, sweets, crisps, pot noodle, pepperami and eat them like a 5 course meal, but over time I really started to hate the lethargy that comes after and the constant craving feeling you get when you never eat anything healthy or drink enough water (rather than fizzy drinks), also all that stuff really contributed to insomnia and depression.

So I don't think it's innocuous at all, but lets be serious, injecting psychoactive chemicals directly into your bloodstream is just a little bit different.

However I heard an interesting point one time (I think it was Ralphie May who said it) - you can't quit food cold turkey

I just baked a heroin cake for my kid's birthday party and the party turned out great! Thanks for the tip watmm.

*dips bag of cocaine in milk*

dude just shut up.

Am I wrong?

Not all people get diabetes because of obesity. And by your argument, everyone who is not 100% fit is a burden to society. So I think it qualifies as a shut up.

dude just shut up.

Am I wrong?

Not all people get diabetes because of obesity. And by your argument, everyone who is not 100% fit is a burden to society. So I think it qualifies as a shut up.

Yes but improper diet and lifestyle is what leads to the diabetes that is preventable. And no that isn't what my argument is saying. You are merely inferring that.

so did anyone else read about the experiment they performed here?

and if so, are you surprised that rats prefer heroin to saline solution, and oreos to rice cakes?

I didn't look at the details of the experiment. Only the article. They still tested that they would be more inclined to choose oreos when in a position to choose between that or heroin though, correct? (the well adjusted rats I mean)

Archived