IGNORED

Has anyone heard this Prefuse 73 & Zach Hill collab album?

Jur

I'm a fan of Ampexian as well. Maybe not 10/10, but I really don't understand why it gets panned when everyone always wants more of One Word Extinguisher, and it's the closest thing he's done to it since. Yet it gets panned more than anything he did between the two.

The Only She Chapters though...wtf. That should have been a side project.

I'm a fan of Ampexian as well. Maybe not 10/10, but I really don't understand why it gets panned when everyone always wants more of One Word Extinguisher, and it's the closest thing he's done to it since. Yet it gets panned more than anything he did between the two.

I'm tempted to go read reviews of the album to figure what people don't like about it.

....Nah, I'll just go listen to the album again. :music:

The Only She Chapters was dissappointing, I bought that album when it came out, big mistake.

Ampexian is probably my 2nd fav, but One Word Extinguisher is just slightly ahead, and that's probably in part to sentimental value as well...

Somewhat related - do you know this track? One of the absolute best by P73 (w/ Doseone).

[youtubehd]dn43RzNzhlU[/youtubehd]

i have this track on an album i downloaded called trans am. i don't know what it's about but i really like it and it's been awhile sine i've listened to it. i always thought dose one was a weirdo because of it

Ampexian is probably my 2nd fav, but One Word Extinguisher is just slightly ahead, and that's probably in part to sentimental value as well...

OWE is a more cohesive project, and it's probably because it came out in 2003, back when Glitch Hop was really starting to grain traction?

Ampexian was great, especially after two clunker albums from him. Still not as good as the first three albums or Outtakes though.

Agreed 100%. Just listened to Surrounded by Silence yesterday, forgot how good it is/was and how it felt like (at least to me) the perfect album for him to make after Extinguisher/Extinguished. It was bizarre how overtly the criticism of that album affected his output immediately after - yeah yeah another "end/f the biters" would be one thing, but a skit where you laugh off a faux-critic of your last album is just cringe-inducing.

Also IIRC Ampexian got plenty of love here at watmm when it came out. It's pretty good alright.

Ampexian was great, especially after two clunker albums from him. Still not as good as the first three albums or Outtakes though.

Also IIRC Ampexian got plenty of love here at watmm when it came out. It's pretty good alright.

This it? http://forum.watmm.com/topic/42383-prefuse-73-everything-she-touched-turned-ampexian/

skip this, check Sons of the Morning (teebs and prefuse) instead... that ep is fucking dope

Second this.

Diamond watch wrists is awful

Archived