IGNORED

Poker Thread

LimpyLoo

just come home from work, this thread reminded me i love poker , made 5 times as much as i did in 7 hours of shitty work in half an hour on 25/50 cent blinds poker. beast.

just come home from work, this thread reminded me i love poker , made 5 times as much as i did in 7 hours of shitty work in half an hour on 25/50 cent blinds poker. beast.

Ha nice. Where do you play?

just on poker stars man, i have a simple stragety, enter game with 20, when i get to 70, leave, enter again with 20. if i ever lose the 20, stop, i find on 25/50 cent blinds you get alot of shitty players, so i tend to win alot. i also forget to play for months at a time if i lose my 20 i put in though.

if you want to join a game together, im in. im averagely good. but also very sensible and an excellent gambler in understanding when to quit, which i think is a huge factor in making money.

update: now extremely drunk and 300 dollars up. just payed a months and a halfs rent, i need to get on this more often. i literally make this money in 30 hours at my shitty kp job.

Congrats mate. You might think about shaving off 10 hours of your day job and regard poker as a legitimate income source. Dunno just a thought.

As for starting a game: I live in the US and can't deposit on PokerStars. But even beyond that, I try not to play real-money non-zero-sum games with people I know and like. If one of us got inebriated or tilted and lost a consequential sum of money to the other...

endgame, lost 60 quid in one shitty drunken hand, still 200 quid up on the night though. im going to try again with 20 tommorow, see what happens.

limpy, il shift from pokerstars to elsewhere if it means playing wattmers. and if you arent prepared to win/lose money, isnt that what poker is all about? lets collect players here and play 25/50 cent blinds with a 15 dollar hand limit. would be alot of fun i think.

as long as you dont have an actual gambling addiction, everyone is good.

weird that pokerstars operates in US dollars but you cant deposit from there, incidentally.

as far as actual strategy goes, i only play top hands 85 percent of the time, but sometimes just on a whim i hit suited number cards just to see if my luck comes up on the draw. i find playing only picture cards sometimes abit predicatable, even if your probability of a win is much higher. i won 80 dollars on one hand with a suited 10-7 tonight. sometimes you just never know.

having said that, playing 50cent big blind means you probably dont encounter the better players.

as far as actual strategy goes, i only play top hands 85 percent of the time, but sometimes just on a whim i hit suited number cards just to see if my luck comes up on the draw. i find playing only picture cards sometimes abit predicatable, even if your probability of a win is much higher. i won 80 dollars on one hand with a suited 10-7 tonight. sometimes you just never know.

If you mostly play top hands then you're open to all kinda of exploitability. At soft tables you can just peddle the nuts and make money off the soft of players that simply can't fold 2nd or 3rd pair, but if an observant opponent sees you showing down only broadway cards and other premium hands then he'll be able to take down most of the low-card flops with near-impunity. Also, such players will not pay you off when you value-bet on high-card boards. And if you are not stealing the blinds sufficiently then you will lose money simply by virtue of sitting at the table and posting blinds.

But like I said at soft micro tables you can pretty much nut-peddle and pay the rent out of the pockets of first-level players.

anyway fuck chat, we should play. would love a watmm game. people should add interest in here and then we will get it done. we could just organise a 30 dollar in tourney or something for 6-8

anyway fuck chat, we should play. would love a watmm game. people should add interest in here and then we will get it done. we could just organise a 30 dollar in tourney or something for 6-8

If you wanna toss some bones on Bovada* then I suppose I would play with you and any WATMMers that wanted to play.

*Bovada seems to be the best prospect for us 'Muricans.

I play on PKR. My graph looked very good when I first started there. I think I was about $4k up after 500 games. 2,000 games later and I'm now a 'losing' player. I exclusively play STT and MTT.

I do love to play though and when I'm not playing on autopilot, I think I'm an OK player

• 2 months later...

Booked this week off work due to it being my birthday on Monday, so have spent vast quantities of time playing poker and listening to sweet, sweet tunes. My roll started at $70 and I now have $1100 to play with :-O. This is courtesy of a 2nd place in the PKR Open, a 4th in the Mini-Primetime (was on the FT of both tourneys at the same time) and I have literally just won 'The Mighty Meaty' for $280.

Sorry for the brag post. I am just very happy about this. I am on fire atm so back to the tables.

:beer:

Archived