IGNORED

web designers? know any good ones?

lumpenprol

My studio is looking to update our website, it's a gaming/3d website so it should look fresh engaging, we're not talking corporate design here. Anyone have any good leads? I'd probably prefer to work with a single individual as opposed to a large faceless design firm...

Uh- I do design for a living, but I recommend using a templatable site, like blogger et al. Easy, good free templates available, etc.

Never has it been a better time for graphic designers to not get money for web design! Act now!

My studio is looking to update our website, it's a gaming/3d website so it should look fresh engaging, we're not talking corporate design here. Anyone have any good leads? I'd probably prefer to work with a single individual as opposed to a large faceless design firm...

Stuff like this facinates me - a studio that (assumingly) employs creatives, and NONE of them do web development (even as a hobby)? Surely there is some overlap with gaming and web design that somebody there would be suitable?

Or, would you rather it be handled by an outside firm just to keep things separate? I can understand that angle too.

Agreed on a templatable site - I would add that investing in (or implementing) a CMS (Content Mangement System) would allow you/your staff to keep things updated without having to rely on/hire a designer for minor changes to the content. I know everyone crows about WordPress, but there are much better CMSes out there - ExpressionEngine is one that I used for WATMM ages ago and for some clients of mine - it's easy enough for end users to publish content to, and robust enough that you can create almost anything needed for a site with it with minimal effort. It also has a strong development community and support system. It is NOT free, but the price is reasonable.

Archived