IGNORED

Coppice Halifax - Collected Drone Works

acroyear

Haha, live like Moby!

Thanks a lot guys. Glad to have this stuff all put together with a fancy bow on top. I think it flows beautifully as an unexpected album.

Also, for the record, I still hold a few things Moby has done in high regard, at least as far as personal listening goes...the Play: The B-Sides album and the Voodoo Child album The End Of Everything are both excellent. When I dropped out of high school, it was winter and I was living out in the country with my dad. I had a cassette with Play: The B-Sides on one side and Radiohead's Kid A on the other, and a tape deck that would auto play the next side...so I'd lie in my warm bed all day, say fuck school and listen to those two albums on repeat while I read The Stand and snoozed. It was great.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Haha, live like Moby!

Thanks a lot guys. Glad to have this stuff all put together with a fancy bow on top. I think it flows beautifully as an unexpected album.

Also, for the record, I still hold a few things Moby has done in high regard, at least as far as personal listening goes...the Play: The B-Sides album and the Voodoo Child album The End Of Everything are both excellent. When I dropped out of high school, it was winter and I was living out in the country with my dad. I had a cassette with Play: The B-Sides on one side and Radiohead's Kid A on the other, and a tape deck that would auto play the next side...so I'd lie in my warm bed all day, say fuck school and listen to those two albums on repeat while I read The Stand and snoozed. It was great.

yeah fuck the moby haters. I had everything is wrong on cassette and played it to death. it sounds insane now when i listen to it.

but yeah moby living large in the hollywood hills and you put out about 50 times the amount of music he does

If Night Sequels can remix Moby, why not Mr Grainger? Reckon that'd set you up for life.

Oh I'd do that in a second! I think Nick got the two chances to remix Moby because Moby is just a massive Freescha fan. So if anyone wants to send Mr. Moby any of my records, I wouldn't stop them... :happy:

Also, if I ever DID have that kind of money, I wouldn't waste it on expensive real estate or any of that nonsense. I've grown up poor so I'd likely just pay off all my bills for a long time, maybe buy some new gear and then sock the rest away for when my music starts to suck and I really need the cash again. :music:

Yeah been playing this quite a bit since I got it, sounds very close in places to the latest Rafael Anton Irisarri LP (which is also very good). With these and the new proem album it's been nonstop drones on the stereo this week.

Hahahahahahaha I am going to buy this album 96 more times in appreciation for that photo.

Even I've got to admit it's a pretty epic photo. I surprise even myself with how surreal life gets sometimes.

I listened to bits of this, and it is good. I will purchase when at my laptop, need some new drones in my life

Please get on your laptop soon, in need of some drones! I am on my desktop now, in need of some money.

In all seriousness though - thank you for the support!

Yeah been playing this quite a bit since I got it, sounds very close in places to the latest Rafael Anton Irisarri LP (which is also very good). With these and the new proem album it's been nonstop drones on the stereo this week.

I've never listened to any R.A.I. stuff - I've seen his name tossed around a bit though. Any suggestion on what to start with? I need to find out how something I recorded years ago sounds like something brand new by someone else. I love when that happens.

If you're curious 'the unintentional sea' is the one that sounds most similar, first track especially. His older stuff uses a bit more piano, and his sight below records use a lot of treated guitar. They're all pretty good though.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

If you're curious 'the unintentional sea' is the one that sounds most similar, first track especially. His older stuff uses a bit more piano, and his sight below records use a lot of treated guitar. They're all pretty good though.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

I've been meaning to investigate The Sight Below. Will do. Thanks for the tip!

Damn, I was too late for the Moby meme-off. I always thought it was a bit paltry of Eminem to try and shit on him all those years ago. He had his lard-arsed wannabe-gangsta hangers-on in his videos. Moby had Ron Fucking Jeremy.

On topic, will purchase once out of the red!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived