IGNORED

Maybe finished track - much more parts than last time

hoggy

[sc5]153170692[/sc5]

I'm pondering whether to make a 'mixed' version - like mixed in a DAW with dynamic variations in levels of layers and reverb and eq and stuff

(changed the name to 'smelly mammal' but it's coming up as clingy still)

This has really grown on me to the point that I would say this is my favourite piece of music of all time. You are a true master of what you do, with a unique and undeniable style.

I'm astounded by the emotional and technical depth to this track, I'm discovering new layers of beauty with every listen.

You have a bright future as one of londons most prolific and esoteric underground electronic music producers and I hope you don't shank yourself.

thanks dude, emotional and technical depth was what I was going for =] glad you appreciate the layers of beauty too

don't worry, I wont shank myself really

About a more processed, mixed version, I say go for it! Very dry at the moment, the fm work and wacky melodies reminds me of non serious Global Goon, minus the pro effects.

I can almost smell the mammal. Really nice work. I wouldn´t know about mixing this though, but I´d say keep it subtle, the way it is it already sounds pretty neat.

Thanks for the advice guys - the mix is actually finally starting to take shape - it's sounding really interesting

I'm thinking I need to buy a small midi controller just so I can record me tweaking automation in real time for more human feeling (you know for the reverb mix level etc. so I can add details in real time) - just something with a single knob would do the trick

If that was my track, I'd play a lot with volulme, pan, reverb and delays, to create room and contrast between instruments. Not when mixing thought, but as part as the sound design/production.

In my opinion, you have to create depth between the instruments, to draw focus on the most important bits and accordingly to put in the background the rest.

Currently, it feels as if most melodies are squashed on the same wall instead of having their own place/room and breathing together.

Don't be afraid to "sacrifice" some elements of your tracks by lowering their volume, or losing some hi-frequencies... I bet the whole tune will gain a lot with a more obvious take/bias on what to listen to. You can make it all happen before reaching for any EQ etc....

And I bet the tune will mix itself : if it all happens in the arrangement and sound-design/sound-selection, the mix gets way easier/quicker to get right.

An arrangement (and consequently, a mix) has to create a hierarchy between its elements : to gain coherence, to emphasize a groove and to gain readability.

Also, the drums are ways too low to my ears.

I hope I don't sound harsh or negative by any mean, and I bet already know that all ! These are several tiny things I'd give a try if that was my tune.

I hope it helps !

That's a good idea, will try that thanks - now am working in FL can add more layers of percussion and stuff to emphasise the progressions. Thanks =]

Archived