IGNORED

OCHRE

klore

whoa whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

you used his real name? apparently that's creepy or something.

Not really, I think we kinda know who Richard D James is, who Sean Booth & Rob Brown is, who Andy & Tom Jenkinson is, who Michael Sandison & and Marcus Eoin Sandison is !

Plus it's the name he whacks on his mastering site too of which (plug plug) he mastered this and this for me.

Pretty obvious why he is "underrated" like Christ. or the Caretaker. Their names fucking SUCK!

I mean ???? yeah let me use a name that contains the highly unusual "chre" letter arrangement but in a much less memorable or evocative way than a group who for 25 years have been regarded as masters of the same unpopular genre of music that I make.

Mind-bogglingly stupid.

Or he just likes the name of the earthy natural colour and thinks it represents the natural earthy sound of his melodies and likes to use said colour over his album art ...

..... um... yeah i guess but it's not really about what he color he likes to use for is album art is it. its about communicating something to the listener. it's that dialogue. do you think anal cunt called themselves anal cunt because they liked anal cunts or that they wanted to convey something to the listener about what music to expect from a band called anal cunt. ochre evokes NOTHING other than a simple color... whereas a name like autechre which is not a definable word makes the mind run wild with homophonic connections. in fact beyond a fairly boring 70s brown, ochre also evokes "i stole the chre from autechre" cause its like idm brothers or something

music is good tho lol

Nah it's cos he grew up in Oaker apparently:

The Ochre alias came about after quickly needing a name under which to hand-in my college work. I’ve always remembered the word ‘Oaker’, which comes from a street in Manchester where I lived for the first couple of years of my life. I decided to change the spelling as I preferred the look of ‘Ochre’, and without too much consideration, used that to submit work.

( http://web.archive.org/web/20050317163757/http://www.themilkfactory.co.uk/interviews/ochreiw_1.htm )

Anal Cunt (nealy typed Alan Cunt, that'd be an unfortunate name) were no doubt named as such as they just wanted to be provocative

Pretty obvious why he is "underrated" like Christ. or the Caretaker. Their names fucking SUCK!

I mean ???? yeah let me use a name that contains the highly unusual "chre" letter arrangement but in a much less memorable or evocative way than a group who for 25 years have been regarded as masters of the same unpopular genre of music that I make.

Mind-bogglingly stupid.

Or he just likes the name of the earthy natural colour and thinks it represents the natural earthy sound of his melodies and likes to use said colour over his album art ...

..... um... yeah i guess but it's not really about what he color he likes to use for is album art is it. its about communicating something to the listener. it's that dialogue. do you think anal cunt called themselves anal cunt because they liked anal cunts or that they wanted to convey something to the listener about what music to expect from a band called anal cunt. ochre evokes NOTHING other than a simple color... whereas a name like autechre which is not a definable word makes the mind run wild with homophonic connections. in fact beyond a fairly boring 70s brown, ochre also evokes "i stole the chre from autechre" cause its like idm brothers or something

music is good tho lol

TRIGGERED

tumblr_nv5t1b9UrB1s01qkyo1_500.gif

Ochre makes ace music, Lemodie is a beauty, still need to catch up on the later ones more. new one sounds great first few listens.

Anyway, what's in a name? Plaid has one of the worst names ever and I do not care. Music surpasses a name. Just look at Oasis. That's pretty much the worst name out there and they were huge. I fucking hated them mind ha.

I doubt Ochre even considered the chre in the name. It's more a weird pedestal fetish thing that fans make a non problem of Mr Lopez. A non problem.

Archived