IGNORED

Radiohead - Polyfauna 2.0

jhonny

Although not an official release, Radiohead have updated their Polyfauna app. The music on it is really really good. Quite a moody BOC vibe at times.

Some genius has extracted the audio, which you can find easily on atease (not sure if I can post the link). The app is good fun too

OK, got it. Interesting stuff, I think this won't form a Radiohead album as its all electronic. I wish there will be a proper TYorke album formed of this material.

Guest bitroast

one of the tracks in the mix (track 3 from the extracts) is based on this track. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiPA2e0RmSI

They (either thom yorke, or radiohead) are clearly working on stuff.

also. thom yorkes most recent tweet almost looks like a screen grab of a video?? of his head?? if im not mistaken??

http://t.co/mU5OXvwMq3

dare I say new shit imminent ?

The extracted files are stems that can be arranged in several ways. I started by arranging them all one after the other and editing the transitions a little to make it smoother. It made quite a nice album length of experimental ambient pieces.
Then I multitracked the stems and you get more complete sounding pieces but very short. Finally I just made average song length arrangements to my liking and settled on a 31min set of 8 songs that I have been listening to for a few days on repeat now. I really like it. It's very calming before bed.

Guest bitroast

The extracted files are stems that can be arranged in several ways. I started by arranging them all one after the other and editing the transitions a little to make it smoother. It made quite a nice album length of experimental ambient pieces.

Then I multitracked the stems and you get more complete sounding pieces but very short. Finally I just made average song length arrangements to my liking and settled on a 31min set of 8 songs that I have been listening to for a few days on repeat now. I really like it. It's very calming before bed.

can you link to the stems?

i am interesting in digging through them :)

If you look at the stems, you'll notice that the first few seconds of some of the tracks have been chopped off and shifted to the end. The person that stacked the stems for that youtube video didn't seem to notice this so some of it isn't quite right. Track 5 for instance doesn't sound quite in time with the drums until you shift it. Check out the arrangement I did and you'll see what I mean.

Archived