IGNORED

Cubase users

nickthefish

Have any Cubase peeps upgraded to Pro 8 yet?

I'm considering the upgrade for the VCA faders, plugin management and new FX, and looking for some feedback from anyone who's already parted with their cash for it.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ah...didn't realise that as I think I have Aero switch on by default. Are you short on CPU/RAM? If so, you could try unchecking all the visual effects in the Performance Options in Windows to free up some resources.

No, I've got a fast i7 (4790k 4 gig) and 12 gig of RAM!! My video card is old though as its a passively cooled (so quiet) card that can run two vga outputs. The modern passively cooled cards don't allow the adaptors to be used on the DVI output so I would need to change my two monitors!!!

I have it running Aero at the moment but keep getting random video card crashes in Win7 now which I didn't get before, so it can only be because of the extra strain being put on the card!! Its the same driver etc that I used for Cubase 5, 6, 7 & 7.5 so I'm a bit pissed that a software 'update' has potentially decided that i must upgrade perfectly usable monitors!!

I have turned off all the shit I can get away with and its slightly better but it still happens now and then.

When its not crashing, I'm liking the new version though :)

• 3 years later...

Just bought Cubase 10 Artist (upgrading from Cubase 5 lol). Thought about getting the Pro version. The additional features are really interesting but aren't really worth the extra €.

Can't wait to have it.

Anyone else a Cubase user? I guess most people here use Ableton.

Archived