IGNORED

Getting your music out on Spotify/iTunes/Juno/whatever

pizza

There are a few websites where you can buy your place into every streaming site / online store, roughly about 20 dollars per year for either one album or all your music (depends on the site). I know my mates have done this for a few years and they say it works fine, not sure which one they use tho, I'll ask. They also earn those 20 dollars per year back with just the streams from Spotify too.

I don't think those include shops specifically designed for electronic music though.

edit: they use Tunecore, but here's a nice overview: http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/permalink/2014/05/29/digital-distribution-company-review

What's the benefit of doing this instead of bandcamp?

I say this because I've considered it but can't see any advantage while the demand isn't there, especially when the chance of someone stumbling upon my music on spotify is pretty much nonexistent..

well, I just want as many people as possible to hear my music however they want. if I get a tiny bit of money out of it as well, I consider it a win.

• 7 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...