IGNORED

How A Record Named Grime Paved The Way For Dubstep

Herr Jan

Nice little read about the seemingly forgotten influence of the two Grime albums on Rephlex. With input from GWC, Kode9 and others.

http://www.redbull.com/uk/en/music/stories/1331732721146/how-a-record-named-grime-paved-the-way-for-dubstep

Also,

"a year after that comp came out I threw a big party at Electrowerkz, room 1, The Bug, Luke Vibert, Grant, DMX Krew, Ceephax etc etc. Room 2 Plastician, Kode 9, Slaughter Mob, Digital Mystikz etc etc.

I remember getting a couple of emails the week before the event from nervous electronica fans asking if it would be safe and would the grime kids beat them up."

Cool read, cheers for the link. That lineup from the FB comment is mind-blowing.

I remember getting a couple of emails the week before the event from nervous electronica fans asking if it would be safe and would the grime kids beat them up."

wait it's not normal to do that anymore? :wtf:

Ah, my favorite dubstep record (Grime 2), pure classics from beginning to end.

It's also the record that got me into Rephlex, so a huge influence on what I've listened too in the last 10 years

Also, in the comments Grant says the Rephlex artists were given their rights back, so that means we won't see a Rephlex back catalog shop.

Archived