IGNORED

Any love for Akunk (The Tuss vinyl)?

ferro4prez

Guest bitroast

wicked track. that big wonky synth is so slamming. nice detuning with the oscs or whatever it is that's giving it that big warm sound.

used to hate the track actually until more recently when i actually got a hold of the record and have had the chance to hear it with a mix n eq-ing a bit more suited to my liking and yeah, really like the track now :):)

don't miss the super low frequency bass response this song has. it hits with every pound of the bass drum leading to around 1:13, at which point it slowly amplifies outta nowhere and just melts the fucking walls throughout the rest of the song to the plonky bass lines and skittish beat; all masterfully created and a supremely audial treat. you have to get low, literally (like lay down), and have a proper system ofc...

it actually fades back out at 1:26 ish and back again at 2:13, and that's when the walls start to go...

Top tune. Kinda reminds me of Zappa.

I love this trak. I am also weird in that I like the confederation trough tracks better than rushup edge by like a lot?

There literally isn't a bad Tuss track, however I'm inclined to prefer Rushup because that has 6 tracks and Trough only has 4. :emotawesomepm9:

I love this trak. I am also weird in that I like the confederation trough tracks better than rushup edge by like a lot?

There literally isn't a bad Tuss track, however I'm inclined to prefer Rushup because that has 6 tracks and Trough only has 4. :emotawesomepm9:

Rushup Edge is tops for having more masterful compositions and sound design overall imo, but the Confederation Trough tracks have such a loose, dank swagger. Like how in Akunk triumphant horns joust out of nowhere into the plodding rhythm, or especially the start of Fredugolon 6, with the doey pitch modulations on the (presumably Synthacon?) bassline as it lazily fades in amongst those wet-as-fuck claps.

Love all Tuss tracks, but Rushup I Bank is just something else. I can't get enough of the energy and melodies in that track.

Just fantastic, definitely in my top 5 fav rdj tracks of all times.

Archived