IGNORED

Cutting your own hair?

Guest Iain C

Guest joshier

Been doing my own hair for about a year. No one knows I cut it myself and no ones said I have a bad hair cut.

Get yourself a pair of thinning scissors

Thinning-Scissors-TH101-.jpg

wait, this is for lain c.. Get a lawn mower to cut your hair.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Iain C

Thread epilogue: having gotten cocksure of my own haircutting abilities, I've been progressively taking more off over the past few days, producing ever edgier and more ridiculous hairstyles. So I've decided to just be sensible and go for a #4 all over. That and a mohawk were the only options left!

Been doing my own hair for about a year. No one knows I cut it myself and no ones said I have a bad hair cut.

Get yourself a pair of thinning scissors

Thinning-Scissors-TH101-.jpg

wait, this is for lain c.. Get a lawn mower to cut your hair.

True dat. I have a pair.

For slightly longer hair, these smooth things over nicely.

Guest Iain C

I'm actually pretty surprised at this new buzzcut. The last time my hair was cut like this, I was 17 years old and it was because I got trashed at a party and did it for a dare. But 6 years later, either my face has grown or my tastes have changed, because I actually quite like this in a really minimal, simple way. There's no hiding with a haircut like this, it really shows you as you are.

Guest tv_party

best low maintenance cut ever. did it in college. I looked shit but man was it awesome to just get up and go.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest joshier
I'm actually pretty surprised at this new buzzcut. The last time my hair was cut like this, I was 17 years old and it was because I got trashed at a party and did it for a dare. But 6 years later, either my face has grown or my tastes have changed, because I actually quite like this in a really minimal, simple way. There's no hiding with a haircut like this, it really shows you as you are.

It's because you did it yourself I reckon! Music I sometimes make is probably pretty poor but for some reason I like it twice as much.

Guest Adjective

i've been cutting my own hair since high school. i usually do it for therapeutic purposes. i get stressed out and then take a little hunk here and there and then commit to evening(never given that word much thought until now) it out.

definitely get a handmirror and definitely revisit it the next day. i always find either i missed something or it's not as well done as i initially thought.

Guest taxman

yeah a hand mirror is definitely nice. i've been using a #6 for my hair and a #5 on my beard recently. i dig it.

right now i'm working up the balls to turn my beard into mutton chops. i really like my beard so it's tough.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse
the faggotry is strong in this thread.

indeed, thought I blame myself for the impulse to see just how gay a thread would be from the biggest fag on watmm about cutting hair.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Iain C

Not only does the haircut itself feel great, but the actual feeling of running the clippers over your skull is pretty amazing too. I'm tempted to do a complete no-guard shaving just for the pleasure of doing it again.

Guest ward

i woke up on sunday morning, still drunk and shaved my head, grade 3.

i really suit skin heads though

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i got an appointment this morning 10:30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bye bye hair

first hair cut in....over a year.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

just a trim, its getting wild. its got to the point now where all i want to do is tuck it behind my ears.

i'm going to start a 'Not cutting yr own hair thread'

• 6 years later...

I have been known to spend $50+ on haircuts (from the right stylist), but now I am out of money and have resorted to cutting my own hair ($20 clipper set from amazon prime), and turns out I do a much better job than the guy whose coffee enema habit I have been funding, so if you are reading this thinking I am a chump paying that much, but you still pay someone to cut yours, turns out maybe you are the chump in reality.

I just cut my wife's hair (an android style cut) and saved us even more money. I have enough saved up to start a eurorack, but that's not something I would ever do because I don't like to waste time.

Archived