IGNORED

drukQs piano tracks

drillkicker

A drukqs piano only playlist must end with nanou2.

nothing will ever top that track*

*subject to change

It's my least favorite of the Aphex piano tracks. Too slow and boring for me, and it lacks the atmosphere that the other ones have. It's just a few chords, like Aisatsana.

But what chords. And for me personally, it's what's _between_ those chords that does it.

I don't recall anything being between the chords.

A drukqs piano only playlist must end with nanou2.

nothing will ever top that track*

*subject to change

It's my least favorite of the Aphex piano tracks. Too slow and boring for me, and it lacks the atmosphere that the other ones have. It's just a few chords, like Aisatsana.
But what chords. And for me personally, it's what's _between_ those chords that does it.
I don't recall anything being between the chords.
It is the silence between the notes that makes the music

Aisatsana didnt grab me at first tbh but has grown on me and now I think it's pretty amazing. Love the birds and the sound of the Nagra (nerd alert).

t'was the opposite for me. The Barbican version on YouTube sounded lovely. Syro version left me a little underwhelmed. Obviously I still think it's a great piece though.

yeah, I split them up pretty soon after getting it too. still listened to the full album all the time, but sometimes I'd just be in the mood for the mellow stuff (+ gwely mernans and gwarek), sometimes I'd just want the mental shit. it's all good threither way.

I don't care much for mental shit, though. Just give me dat ambient. That's why SAW II is his magnum opus for me. If drukQs were a 1.5-hour double album of only piano and ambience it would probably have been my favorite.

Archived