IGNORED

drukQs piano tracks

drillkicker

I was inspired by the other thread (and an interview I read in which Rich described sending the piano tracks and the drill tracks for the album as two separate albums initially) to make a playlist of the drukQs piano tracks alone. I strongly recommend trying it out. It's a much more intimate and subdued experience. I also included Btoum-Roumada and Penty Harmonium even though they aren't piano tracks. They still fit the vibe. For those of you who, like me, think the piano songs are much stronger than the drill pieces on drukQs, this is the best way to listen to the album.

i actually just heard the piano/ambient tracks for the first time since i got the album two years ago. i had made a playlist of strictly drill tracks from the album and been listening to that to the point i forgot about everything else. some of the airy, ambient pieces remind of godspeed you black emperor.

I've included the piano and other pretty tracks on a lot of playlists and mix CDs over the years for car trips and among other ambient pieces. Btoum-Roumada reminds me of xmas actually.

I've included the piano and other pretty tracks on a lot of playlists and mix CDs over the years for car trips and among other ambient pieces. Btoum-Roumada reminds me of xmas actually.

i was thinking of making a piano/ambient mix. not like sawii but nannou and other slow pretty tracks...

A lot of the reviews around the time drukqs was released mentioned doing this. I didn't actually get around to it until last year. Was def an interesting listen.

Did you keep them all in order?

That's what I did, for both sets of tracks.

A lot of the reviews around the time drukqs was released mentioned doing this. I didn't actually get around to it until last year. Was def an interesting listen.

yeah, I remember making a piano track only CD-R not long after the album was released, and kept the tracks in order, it's a nice playlist!

Here is the playlist I made

Screen_Shot_2015_09_01_at_2_13_14_PM.png

It was a great listen. I wish drukQs were actually released as two separate albums like this.

i wonder if aphex has made most of his money from avril. it's been used a lot in mainstream and everyone seems to love it

I reckon so. It always seems to be his #1 most-played track on most of the streaming services. Pretty crazy when you consider it wasn't released as a single and had zero additional promotion outside the context of Drukqs.

A drukqs piano only playlist must end with nanou2.

nothing will ever top that track*

*subject to change

It's my least favorite of the Aphex piano tracks. Too slow and boring for me, and it lacks the atmosphere that the other ones have. It's just a few chords, like Aisatsana.

I like the scatterbrain schizophrenia of Drukqs. In fact I feel quite at home with it (maybe that tells me something lol). I always thought the point of the album was to keep jarring you inbetween moods and mindframes so you never really settle or feel comfortable.

Maybe I should try and seperate the tracks...

Maybe I shouldn't.....

Seeing as this album is a 10/10 for me and one of the greatest, not sure if dicking about with it will make any improvement.

But I can see a point in perhaps splitting tracks up, as sometimes I see the 2 small square album covers on my sony player and if I'm not in a drukq-zen-monk-mood I pass on the whole thing.

Mmmmmmmmm

i wonder if aphex has made most of his money from avril. it's been used a lot in mainstream and everyone seems to love it

I reckon so. It always seems to be his #1 most-played track on most of the streaming services. Pretty crazy when you consider it wasn't released as a single and had zero additional promotion outside the context of Drukqs.

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Exclusives/release/695733

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Exclusives/release/695733

Avril 14th sandwiched between a live track by Oasis and the Charlatans.

That's some stellar track sequencing right there.

I have that nme cd.

You could also say the same about roygbiv. That was also on a similar nme promo cd. And I know a lot of people first heard BOC via that cd (maybe a thread on here or twoism where a few folks were saying so).

That was when the nme was at it's height, those discs were pretty cool and way before the internet so a good way of hearing tunes from genres you may not usually listen too. It was a freebie so you played it.

Now your swamped with a billion tunes a day for free. And therefore desensitized to the feeling. Hmm.

A drukqs piano only playlist must end with nanou2.

nothing will ever top that track*

*subject to change

It's my least favorite of the Aphex piano tracks. Too slow and boring for me, and it lacks the atmosphere that the other ones have. It's just a few chords, like Aisatsana.

But what chords. And for me personally, it's what's _between_ those chords that does it.

Aisatsana didnt grab me at first tbh but has grown on me and now I think it's pretty amazing. Love the birds and the sound of the Nagra (nerd alert).

I have that nme cd.

You could also say the same about roygbiv. That was also on a similar nme promo cd. And I know a lot of people first heard BOC via that cd (maybe a thread on here or twoism where a few folks were saying so).

That was when the nme was at it's height, those discs were pretty cool and way before the internet so a good way of hearing tunes from genres you may not usually listen too. It was a freebie so you played it.

Now your swamped with a billion tunes a day for free. And therefore desensitized to the feeling. Hmm.

Yeah I had it too when waiting for drukqs to come out. At first was slightly disappointed it wasn't a 7min hot mess of mind melting beats, then replayed the track loads lol.

Archived