IGNORED

Pseudoterminal IDM

zkom

This is a little IDM thingy I made. It uses some stochastic composing (mostly the random trigger command in Renoise) that I've been playing around with. This is the first more serious try.

All comments welcome!

https://soundcloud.com/omzk/rraaste-pseudoterminal

The processing/zipping/effects on the drums is pretty interesting, unique sound there. I think my favorite part of the melody is the part that comes in just at the end, more of an effected pad sound, I think that works very well.

The processing/zipping/effects on the drums is pretty interesting, unique sound there. I think my favorite part of the melody is the part that comes in just at the end, more of an effected pad sound, I think that works very well.

cool technique and i too like the melody at the end. the drums aren'y my cup of tea, just too computer-y sounding but the idea has promise.

cool technique and i too like the melody at the end. the drums aren'y my cup of tea, just too computer-y sounding but the idea has promise.

Thanks guys! :)

The drum sounds are from VXXY DCM8 chiptune drum machine so they are pretty chiptuney. :) All the pad sounds come from the same very long sample I generated but it's just differently gated and effected.

hypnotic, everything's very meticulous and crystal clear, really nice atmosphere! i guess i would like not so sharp samples on the beat, something more organic... it all sounds very digital, not complaining, just a thought... would love to ear more about the stochastic composing process you used. :)

hypnotic, everything's very meticulous and crystal clear, really nice atmosphere! i guess i would like not so sharp samples on the beat, something more organic... it all sounds very digital, not complaining, just a thought... would love to ear more about the stochastic composing process you used. :)

Thanks!

Basically I'm just triggering events (notes, drum hits, reverse sample direction, stop sample, etc) in patterns by giving them probabilities based on their "importance" in the pattern. Also varying the probabilities based on how busy I want the pattern to sound in each part of the track.

I'm also experimenting with triggering whole phrases.

Sounds awesome! That method of doing things sounds actually really interesting and fun! I'm quite new to renoise.. really considering giving it some proper time some day

Thanks!

Basically I'm just triggering events (notes, drum hits, reverse sample direction, stop sample, etc) in patterns by giving them probabilities based on their "importance" in the pattern. Also varying the probabilities based on how busy I want the pattern to sound in each part of the track.

I'm also experimenting with triggering whole phrases.

Didn't know Renoise was capable of stuff like that, but I haven't looked at it in many years.

sent using magic space waves

• 3 weeks later...

Archived