Cryptowen

oh no i did four tabs of acod in rural new brusnwok

theres no girls here just old mans waiting to die or n nooooo

oh noooo

oh fuckckckckkkkkk

how did this happene

i need to stay up all night making tracks or else ill die

http://picosong.com/AQQA

brb figuring out how to channel my deep unhappiness & constant paranoia that i'm not living up to what i'm supposed to be into semi-ironic abstract electronic dance music, so that i can share it on the internet with people i dont know and will never

Nice track. Cool groovy acid bass line. I like the main repetitive motive, though I would add some variation to it and maybe less delay. I used to put much delays too at some point in my compositions, but then I found that delay is overwhelming the substance. I like the percussive sound that comes in and 1:36 - quite dope! Thanks for the track and keep up the good job!

Acid and old men is a bad mix

tell me about it brahjjj

but hey you actually came up in conversation irl the other day! Bruce Lee, dude who works at long & mcquade sj, mentioned u & i was like "whoa holy shit i know that guy through the internet in a way that's totally unrelated to new brunswick! small world!" but yeah totally let's get together & jam some time, really fixin to see how my current mode of operating fits into the old stomping grounds

I like the main repetitive motive, though I would add some variation to it and maybe less delay

yeaah yeah thanks man, feeling you on that. i come from an experimental ambient background, used to be all about creating those super-dense hypnagogic headspaces a person could create landscapes in their head out of. now im fixin 2 make trax for ppl to shake to. still very textural but it's definitely a process of learning to be subtler, to explore minute variations in tone more & feel out when to drop something in the mix rather than adhering to some overarching artistic vision

gotta keep on keepin on dudes yall take care brb

thanks flacid & GRVGLTCHR! pretty happy with the tonality of this one myself

Very nice. Really like the last track. Not sure it suits a rave set though? :)

when i go to raves i like a good mix of freak out tracks, "oh fuck this is my groove" tracks, and zombified shuffle tracks. imo this would be in the latterer category

definitely fixin to make some of the second category tho

Every time I try to make music on acid I just end up gating and distorting everything and my back gets fucked from slouching over gear and watching the LED's blink...

You did much better than I ;)

<3

^ahh thanks

i think the key was to get the track done during the come-up. when i started i was feeling completely normal, and by the time the finishing touches were going on (an hour or so later), photos on the walls were beginning to talk to me but i still had enough control to go "no! focus, this is important to regular you!"

i tried to make more after that track but it just became microtonal chaos & i had trouble hitting keys on the laptop, so i went & did yoga in front of the space heater for several hours instead

^thanks ragnar! i was imagining stuff off SAWii while i made it (haven't jammed that album in so long omg). Particularly the more percussive pieces with the drifting pads. yknow the ones that hit that beautiful sense of pastoral melancholy. also getting reconnected to nature with my good friend vashti bunyan

^reminder that i need to actually listen to the rest of the AB series one of these days (just heard the first one)

http://picosong.com/AUaE/

today's track was made by sampling the beat in acclaimed international IDM group Die Antwoord's hit single, "Ugly Boy".

actually i sampled it from where they originally found it, which was some random tape of weird electronic noises from the early 90s. can't remember what it was called

That acid groove is killer! To continue the progression I would cut out the chords for a little bit and replace it with an acid melody or something just to add some variation in the track.

Archived