IGNORED

Forum Features - Hated, Wanted, Pie In The Sky

Joyrex

I vote on calling it the "Knob Twiddler Directory", instead of the "Music Maker Directory".

Saying "Check out my KTD page" seems right. "Check out my MMD page" makes it sound like I'm a D list fighter or something.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When searching another users posts, I think it would be good to keep scrolling through every post they have ever made,

rather than it just stopping at one pages worth of the most recent stuff. This is just really helpful is someone is completely brilliant and you just want to read their posts for a minute, or if you want to read all of your own posts you've ever made.

might work just as well in the search function, IDK

think the text is a little smaller then it needs to be

ban profile pics of shirtless men.

When searching another users posts, I think it would be good to keep scrolling through every post they have ever made,

rather than it just stopping at one pages worth of the most recent stuff. This is just really helpful is someone is completely brilliant and you just want to read their posts for a minute, or if you want to read all of your own posts you've ever made.

might work just as well in the search function, IDK

think the text is a little smaller then it needs to be

ban profile pics of shirtless men.

The search in the new forum is much more robust and much easier to find things than it is currently.

Most of WATMM is quite good. Only thing that bothers me is that the board is open, and that all my posts can be seen by the outside world. I'd like an option for me to show posts to watmm members or only.. or complete boards that are only open to watmm members. this allows us to discuss thing more intimately, without prying eyes.

Well, being an open forum is how others find this place - having closed forums didn't work out too well for us in the past :unsure: , and unless everyone is able to go into the closed forums (and agree to not post things outside the closed forum), there will be animosity and "us versus them" feelings.

Besides, is a discussion forum really a proper venue to discuss intimate things? I would think email, PM, or text message would be more private...

Anyone else have thoughts/opinions on this?

I found out about this forum through the syro period interviews thread and upon looking through other threads decided to join,

if it were a closed forum I doubt I would have joined and really missed out on alot of great stuff (new releases and banter about different gear and the like)

I don't know how feasible it is with the software but a sin bin area for members who are having meltdowns would be cool. Like the Ice hockey arena style thing, a little area where they can shitpost until they get all the rage and hurt out of their system then they get re-integrated back into the main forums once they prove they're less defensive and butthurt. If you get put in the sin bin 3 times you spend eternity in there.

I don't know how feasible it is with the software but a sin bin area for members who are having meltdowns would be cool. Like the Ice hockey arena style thing, a little area where they can shitpost until they get all the rage and hurt out of their system then they get re-integrated back into the main forums once they prove they're less defensive and butthurt. If you get put in the sin bin 3 times you spend eternity in there.

Thing is, certain folks will want to be put in there so they can misbehave, etc. bad, bad idea IMO.

yeah i feel like the whole forum will want to end up on there as a joke and it won't work

having said that JR i think you gotta not feel so responsible for what people post, like if you take the attitude of 'i can be held responsible for the content' then you're basically admitting responsibility already, it's sort of meta in that sense. understandable for copyright material or fucked up stuff like CP but that's not going to happen anyway. i'm saying this not cus i think watmm should be more nsfw but because i feel like there's a certain point where you shouldn't have to be held responsible for content that others are posting anyway, i can't imagine any sort of legal action or whatnot but maybe there's some behind the scenes stuff i don't know about..

Part of it is legally covering myself, but also part of it is this is MY forum, and what goes on here is a reflection of me and my values, whether I like it or not - so to satisfy both aspects, having a general set of rules in place that almost anyone can be comfortable with was (I think in reflection) the best way to go.

Is it possible to make pinch zoom work on the mobile skin?

The new forum won't have a mobile skin anymore, but will be responsive (the forum view and layout will change based on what size screen you are currently on), and pinch to zoom should work in that context.

Archived