IGNORED

Theme Parks

Rubin Farr

Being a native resident of Florida, I grew up going to Orlando every few years to visit the various theme parks; Walt Disney World, Sea World, Cypress Gardens, Boardwalk & Baseball, and then Universal Studios once it opened. We also had Busch Gardens / Adventure Island in Tampa, which was much closer. Any other fans of going on cool rides, reliving your childhood, taking your kids to these experiences, dressing up as characters, or getting F-ed up and having a blast, please share your memories and favorites here.

I know theme parks outside the US can be a vastly different experience, so feel free to educate us.

Try to keep it positive, if that's possible on WATMM. lol

I went to Universal Studios in Osaka with a badly depressed friend last year. She seemed to find Harry Potter World therapeutic. The Jaws boat ride thing was a blast from ancient past too.

Islands of Adventure is the best theme park in Orlando, from what I remember. Six Flags is a good one. The Superman rollercoaster is gnarboots. Years ago, I was on the Batman rollercoaster and when it came to a stop, my shitty old cell phone flew out of my pocket. Someone picked it up and made a phone call to Jamaica that cost 200 bucks or something.

Drayton Manor as a kid was a good time, when the place was empty and me and my brother kept finishing the biggest ride (Oblivion?) and going straight back on, to the point where the attendants stopped warning us because we'd heard the warning about twenty times.

Good shit.

way back went on its a small world ride in disney paris & your in a tiny bumper car boat floating along this dirty watery green line of ooze moving extremely slowly, going through this darkened maze with each country represented by puppets, moving in jilted puppet motions, wearing & practising the most stereotyped thing about each country, borderline racist like tin tin in the congo & you can't get off, you can't turn back you have to experience the whole ride while this incessant music plays over & over saying, 'its a small small world everybody's having fun...'

was so damn scary

seems like they have remade it since, as i went in the 90s even the song is a little different, but those high pitched voices still haunt me, shudders

was v lucky to have one of the curators from the Smithsonian Folklife Festival in DC give us a tour of all the "heads" at the Presidents Park thingy, Williamsburg/VA, a few moons ago,,,,,,,, utterly surreal & so much the better for a certain psycho-ex not being present:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=williamsburg+presidents+park&safe=off&biw=2049&bih=953&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjE-bD-w8vMAhWKKcAKHbgOBEYQ_AUICCgD&dpr=0.67#imgrc=_

Local stalwart Barry Island is till going strong & pisses all over the likes of Skegness, Brighton, Blackpool & Canvey Island if swimming in actual piss is your thang:

I'm a huge fan of the Roller Coaster Tycoon games. Played the first one for ages back in 99/00. Really looking forward to the new ones incoming, esp Planet Coaster, it's looking great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maYufgvcRis

Real life theme parks are fun. Had some great days at Six Flags.

Archived