IGNORED

Frank Ocean - Blonde

funkaholic

Haha, alright. It's an odd reference, and the track has lots of weird little brand and pop culture references... I dunno, the two singles I have heard since Blonde have sounded good, but I dont really know what he's going for. Maybe it's just missing context for me. I feel like Blonde really shines as an album, but most of the tracks are less impressive outside of the context of the whole.

I can see where you are coming from. After repeated listens i really like all the new singles other than 'Lens'. I think 'Lens' could be phenomenal but there is some heavy autotune on the main vocal that ruins it for me. I think it sounds beautiful live with a clean vocal. I absolutely adore 'Biking (solo)' as much as anything he has done. The way he writes is really fascinating to me, i still pick up things in the lyrics i didn't notice the first 30 times i heard it. To be fair i tend to be really dense when it comes to lyrics but i think he has some especially clever ways of expressing himself that could be easily missed or misinterpreted. 

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Frank Ocean is performing at Coachella today and on the 23rd - the first live performance of his since 2017! New music on the way?

Edited by milkface
  • Like 1

Here's the first of the two performances:

That Born Slippy x Lost remix goes so hard wtffff

Also teased that there will be a new album, "just not right now".

Edited by milkface

1 hour ago, milkface said:

Absolutely shameful things being said about him online though :sad:

We seem to be the lone two FO fans on this forum too, sadly.

Reading more into the circumstances around the Coachella set I do understand the criticism. 

Edited by thumbass
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thumbass said:

Reading more into the circumstances around the Coachella set I do understand the criticism. 

Oh yeah I can fully understand peoples' frustrations all round but I have read some really horrifying comments on RYM and Youtube which go beyond criticism into the realm of delusion and being a tapped human being.

11 minutes ago, milkface said:

Oh yeah I can fully understand peoples' frustrations all round but I have read some really horrifying comments on RYM and Youtube which go beyond criticism into the realm of delusion and being a tapped human being.

True that, but that's the internet for you.

• Like 1

Injuries has got to be the worst excuse I've ever heard. Not gonna lie, on the outside he seems to be dealing with this situation in the most pathetic way possible. I want to like him so bad but it's difficult.

• Like 1

• Rubin Farr changed the title to Frank Ocean - Blonde