IGNORED

V/A - Folklore Tapes Library Catalogue Cassette Volume 1 (2011 - 2016)

Rubin Farr

fucker sold out before I could open my email, grrrr

F2EBCDBA-0892-42B4-A7A7-9ADB12B7908A_zps

Bleep exclusive 5 year celebration

Thirty-page zine featuring an extensive five-year history of Folklore Tapes by Jez Winship

Folklore Tapes Topography

A complete Discography of the label to date

Hour and a half long alchemical mixtape cassette featuring recordings taken from all of FTs releases to date

Card sleeve featuring either a white or black Library cover design, these will be chosen at random

Only 50 copies available to purchase

https://bleep.com/release/78228-various-artists-folklore-tapes-library-catalogue-cassette-volume-1-2011-2016

I would have actually been interested in this. 50 copies? You think they would make a compilation in a much higher run, especially if it's not part of a limited run series but a reissuing of older material.

Is this stuff available digitally/streaming anywhere? I've been too lazy to hunt it down.

This was blerp's advent item of the day, except it sold out before they even sent the email out.  Genius.

I got the email before it sold out. Last week, Bleep did mention this was coming out. I wouldn't feel too bad about missing it. There's no reason to own this - no exclusive material, not even a download. It's underwhelming and unnecessary unless you have money to throw away. Given the above, I'm surprised it went so quickly.

I would have actually been interested in this. 50 copies? You think they would make a compilation in a much higher run, especially if it's not part of a limited run series but a reissuing of older material.

Is this stuff available digitally/streaming anywhere? I've been too lazy to hunt it down.

No it's not. You have to buy the vinyl to get download codes. DFT probably shudder at the thought of streaming. It doesn't fit their aesthetic at all.

A few of the older releases are available digitally on bleep:

https://bleep.com/music/label/4528-folklore-tapes

Only the calendar customs stuff. DFT keep a really tight hold on downloads - it's all about keeping it exclusive. Sometimes I think more attention is paid to that aspect than the music. They also have a Bandcamp page but there is hardly anything to download.

I would have actually been interested in this. 50 copies? You think they would make a compilation in a much higher run

i'll see whether i can get you a cassette if you still really want one. i know someone that get's these direct from the label

I would have actually been interested in this. 50 copies? You think they would make a compilation in a much higher run

i'll see whether i can get you a cassette if you still really want one. i know someone that get's these direct from the label

I very much appreciate it but don't worry about it. I imagine it's pretty expensive. I've got a kid now and my tape collecting has become very select and slow. I'm selling more than buying TBH.

Now if you know of a digitally extracted copy floating around feel free to let me know.  :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Hour and a half long alchemical mixtape cassette featuring recordings taken from all of FTs releases to date

you can listen to this mixtape HERE

Splendid, thanks for the heads up!

Archived