IGNORED

A track about gender transition and life changes

ganus

Hi all,I've been working on this track for the last 3 months or so. It's the last track for my album, which I'm looking for a label for.

The theme of the album is life changes, and this song is sort of the cumulation of that, with me becoming a parent at the end of 2015 and coming out as genderfluid female this year (more on that later..)

Hope you like it! Feel free to give constructive criticism.

blerp.

https://soundcloud.com/kotekan/transition

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks very much! I use a lot of samples sourced from SNES, N64, Atari ST stuff for my instruments. I think I spend most of my time on melodies, so I really appreciate that.

Both are really good tunes, I mush preferred Allswell, that tunes feels a lot more "together", to say all the parts of the track fit really nicely together even though there big changes there. I don't fell the same about Transition, I kinda get the feeling it on purpose, and if it is, that's awesome. The into,outro and this section 1.37-2.33 are awesome, really really awesome actually. The juxtaposition with the other parts puts me right off though. I actually listened a few times, but skipped to 1.37 after the into. I'd love to know if this was on purpose though? If you don't mind the question!

P.S Your other tunes on soundcloud are really cool too, put a few likes on.

I appreciate the feedback! I definitely struggle with cohesiveness. I like to think I am improving at that, but most of my tracks have some issues with the transitions from one part to another... I want to keep reinventing my tracks the whole time I am writing them, and not everything I try works. I'll experiment with Transition a bit more. I agree that at the very least, 0:26 to 1:37 has some rough bits, and some stuff that is not so catchy. 

Thanks

Here's another track, this one is older

https://soundcloud.com/kotekan/02-kotekan-fight-or-flight

these tracks are great, i really enjoy them. you clearly have a lot of potential, i'm excited to see where you go! and congratulations on coming out! more queer people in electronic music is always an extremely welcome thing  :happy:

I appreciate the feedback! I definitely struggle with cohesiveness. I like to think I am improving at that, but most of my tracks have some issues with the transitions from one part to another... I want to keep reinventing my tracks the whole time I am writing them, and not everything I try works. I'll experiment with Transition a bit more. I agree that at the very least, 0:26 to 1:37 has some rough bits, and some stuff that is not so catchy. 

Thanks

I've has similar issues, I can do it, but it just sounds pants! Let me know how you get on I'd love to have a listen.

Thanks

On the subject of changes check the tune below out, I was listening to it today and thought about you, I just came across them last night (there coming to my home city soon). The tune starts with a piano and ends in break beats. Apart from being a fantastic tune, the changes are fantastical done. I barely noticed the first time until the track ended!

Hi all,I've been working on this track for the last 3 months or so. It's the last track for my album, which I'm looking for a label for.

The theme of the album is life changes, and this song is sort of the cumulation of that, with me becoming a parent at the end of 2015 and coming out as genderfluid female this year (more on that later..)

Hope you like it! Feel free to give constructive criticism.

blerp.

https://soundcloud.com/kotekan/transition

I wish I saw this track before, the subtle changes in melodic and structural content make it sound like a journey even without an explanation. Absolutely fantastic work, I can't wait for the album.

EDIT: Great work on all the tracks you posted up here as well, they keep a strong atmosphere while also having a catchy but complex and interesting evolving melody, especially Fight or Flight. Your work has some serious potential. 

Archived