IGNORED

Bum Rush

Perezvon

https://soundcloud.com/perezvon/bum-rush

So I've decided to stop trying to make something coherent out of a bunch of tracks that don't really relate, my mind being still kind of a young mess that wants to go everywhere at once. I've been keeping myself from publishing anything until I made an EP-worth of stuff and now here I am, a year and a half after my last release. I'll try and upload more stuff now because I think veiling myself like that sucks man.

This track formally goes from the unassuming loop to the slightly relentless trance I eventually fall into to the absence of desire to edit this into something other than a crescendo progression. I like it though.

Really like the purity of this - you've made an atmosphere that I don't think I've gotten from any other track before. And that's probably the most important thing when it comes to all this!

I feel lots of the stuff on this board follows the style of past artists, and you've chucked that notion out of the window!

As far as critical listening, I hear a few sample clicks going on (especially on the kick drum loop, clearest around 0:23). A bit of snap to sounds is cool, but only up to a point. Fade in those samples.

To be honest, I'm not hugely into it until that bass tone comes in at 1:04... but then you've got me hooked right until the end! At the start & end of the track I'd mix the melodic/atmospheric stuff in a bit louder over the drums. The percussion doesn't make enough sense on it's own... but makes so much sense when combined with the pads in the rest of the track!

Keep it up man :happy:

Archived