IGNORED

Left Behind

lyst

Uh, very nice! I really like the production, but I kinda wish the piano didn't sound like a midi piano especially since the rest of it sounds so organic :)

• 2 weeks later...

Uh, very nice! I really like the production, but I kinda wish the piano didn't sound like a midi piano especially since the rest of it sounds so organic :)

Thanks!!!! Interesting you hear that in the piano.  My ears don't catch that.

• 4 weeks later...

Really like it! I dig the dynamics. The piano doesn't sound too artificial to me. I think the synth that comes in halfway through has too much like square/sawtooth wave in it, it doesn't quiet fit the vibe of the song like everything else does. I get a lot of blues/greens/purples then that synth is like a bright orange. :-)

Really like it! I dig the dynamics. The piano doesn't sound too artificial to me. I think the synth that comes in halfway through has too much like square/sawtooth wave in it, it doesn't quiet fit the vibe of the song like everything else does. I get a lot of blues/greens/purples then that synth is like a bright orange. :-)

That is actually what I was going for with the synth.  That was my intention.  I'm trying to throw some curveballs with my music, not have it be cookie cutter and sound the same.  I thought that synth selection brought something different to the table.

Thanks for the listen!

That's my only gripe, too. Otherwise a beautiful track in all respects. It took me a while to hear the difference, but I hear it clear as a bell now. I'd recommend a good HQ piano recording sample kit if you don't have access to a piano. Addictive Keys has some good ones and Kontakt has some good piano sample kits I hear. I use Addictive Keys as I got it for free with my Scarlette 2i2.

Listened and enjoyed. Unique approach to melody building with the multiple layers of plucked/struck instruments. Kinda Bonobo vibes. Really like how the bassline goes double time as the track ramps up, something I've been doing in my own tracks recently.

I get what the above posters are saying about the piano. It doesn't need anything necessarily, a bit of dynamic variation with the pitches and maybe some swing to make it sound more like it was 'played', but only just enough so that it doesn't fall too much outta sync with the rest. Or just leave it; Underworld have been getting away with this sorta thing for years with regard to their heavily edited/midi piano sound, like 'Juanita' which is one of my all time fav tracks.

Why end it so abruptly! I was just getting into it!

Anyway, I appreciate the melodics and arrangements. Like other said it sounds a bit midi, but I think this is due to not being roomy enough. Maybe expand it a bit with a chorus? Don't overdo it of course. But I found that chorus quickly makes everything wider, roomier, more organic.

Plucked instrument at 1:03 sounds cool.

I like how this is mixed.

Nice work.

Thank you!!

That's my only gripe, too. Otherwise a beautiful track in all respects. It took me a while to hear the difference, but I hear it clear as a bell now. I'd recommend a good HQ piano recording sample kit if you don't have access to a piano. Addictive Keys has some good ones and Kontakt has some good piano sample kits I hear. I use Addictive Keys as I got it for free with my Scarlette 2i2.

Interesting people are saying this.  My ears did not and do not catch this.  I use Alchemy for the piano sound, fuck with it a bit too.  I will keep an ear out for it next time around, but at the same time-- It's art!!! I think one should overlook something like this if the rest of the track is legit.

Love ya  747. Thanks.

Listened and enjoyed. Unique approach to melody building with the multiple layers of plucked/struck instruments. Kinda Bonobo vibes. Really like how the bassline goes double time as the track ramps up, something I've been doing in my own tracks recently.

I get what the above posters are saying about the piano. It doesn't need anything necessarily, a bit of dynamic variation with the pitches and maybe some swing to make it sound more like it was 'played', but only just enough so that it doesn't fall too much outta sync with the rest. Or just leave it; Underworld have been getting away with this sorta thing for years with regard to their heavily edited/midi piano sound, like 'Juanita' which is one of my all time fav tracks.

GOITER SANCHEZ hit it on the head.  Thanks brotha.  Just because it may sound midi to some ears, it was the sound that inside me felt right for the track.  And THAT will be what I always go for.  I'm about 10-11 years into making music.  So I'd say about 1-7 years in I relied on people's feedback... Not saying i'm all high and mighty, just saying i've been around the block and may have earned some leniency (in my own eyes).

Why end it so abruptly! I was just getting into it!

Anyway, I appreciate the melodics and arrangements. Like other said it sounds a bit midi, but I think this is due to not being roomy enough. Maybe expand it a bit with a chorus? Don't overdo it of course. But I found that chorus quickly makes everything wider, roomier, more organic.

Ending aburptly was done for the pure reason that you gotta hit replay if you were enjoying it!! I like to get the listener revved up and enjoying it and then cut it short, rather than overstaying my welcome and boring the listener.

I've done quote a few songs with choruses and see what you mean.  This was just what I felt for the track.

Thanks for listening.

Archived