IGNORED

RA: Label of the Month: Dream Catalogue

Extralife

It's just amazing how much their imagery ties in with vw stuff. The back cover of Environments 2 could practically be a Dream Catalogue sleeve:

And all this stuff:

fsolvw1.jpg

fsolvw3.jpg

fsolvw5.jpg

fsolvw7.jpg
fsolvw8.jpg

You should post this on the vw subreddit

^it's pretty meh lately. occasionally a good thread though. also the aesthetics subreddit and r/outrun are both overriden by upvoted posts of people who think anything with cyan blue and fuchsia pink qualifies as worthy

Soundcloud back in the day; these days, Twitter is the main hub of the scene.

But if im a new artist how could anyone know about me? Should i tweet? I dont get it...

Im not familiar with much of fsol, but remember hearing an album of theirs back in high school from a friend who was into them. So many rich memories of late 90s-early 2000s electronica at that time, going to raves with friends and discovering all this cool music, of course starting my aphex addiction. But yeah i remember being captivated by fsol's atmospheric and orchestral/cinematic approach to the sound at the time. For some weird reason I also associate The Matrix OST lol (maybe its that opening theme track) with that discovery too. Purlieu, very cool that youve done work on their label and connected with them. I do need to check out more of their work.

Their run of three Virgin albums in the '90s is pretty incredible. 

Soundcloud back in the day; these days, Twitter is the main hub of the scene.

But if im a new artist how could anyone know about me? Should i tweet? I dont get it...

I suppose there's always connecting with artists on Soundcloud, sending demos to labels etc. - but a Twitter is ridiculously busy in the vaporwave/vapour scenes, hard to keep up with everything that goes on there. It's where wosX did his entire Kroko Krew story for End of World Rave via a ton of alt. accounts pretending to be Ukrainian ravers. 

Archived