IGNORED

Fruity Loops on OSX

Haste

Haven't used it since 2007 when my PC died. I'm tempted to get the $99 version for nostalgia purposes.

Used to be a big Fruity Loops user years ago but then got a Mac and switched to Logic + Numerology for my computery music needs. Will always have a soft spot for floops though, might give it another go... My favourite versions are the old simple ones though - after Fruity Loops 3 it all got a bit too bloated imo. All I really care about is the pattern sequencing bit which I think is still pretty much the same as version 1.

Yeah.  I guess my interest was from early versions when it was basically a step sequencer and mixer.  Could make drum patterns really fast and haven't really had an interface on anything that has felt like that.  Might just be nostalgia, I know it's turned into a giant modular thing now.

I use version 12 now. I agree that one of the greatest advantages is the ease of step sequencing.

The problem lately is personal motivation.

how is it modular? for example

For patterns, you load each sample individually and can put effects over single samples rather than Logic where you load an entire drum machine. It makes for really fast sequencing.

When I mix in Logic, I end up making several iterations of the same drum machine to mix it better so it takes longer to get ideas for beats out.

Archived