IGNORED

World music

zlemflolia

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, zlemflolia said:

FUCK and i repeat, once again, F U C K youtube, the first page of this thread is unlistenable 90% of the videos say "this video is unavailable"

try YouTube Vanced...

https://youtubevanced.com/

Can't assure u it's gonna work though...

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Summon Dot E X E said:

This entire album is good. One of my favorites.

oh yes Andean music is the bestest...

where can I find that full album?

I have this record and some huayno compilations from the label Arhoolie Records - Smithsonian Folkways Recordings...

which, very unfortunately, its founder died yesterday...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/arhoolie-records-founder-chris-strachwitz-dies-at-age-91-8dc5fa81

im-778412.jpeg.439cc4e6d38fe5581cce066a44445fd1.jpeg

rip hold man, u left one of the greatest footprints on planet earth ? 

it's disgusting what some western artists do, like Paul Simon's El Cóndor Pasa (If I Could)... few western people never have or will ever listen to Andean music or even say it's cheesy or something like that, but his song is the bomb... don't even give credits to the original composers... probably don't even know about it...

In 1965, American artist Paul Simon listened to the version of the parade tune performed by Los Incas in the Théâtre de l'Est Parisien (Paris). Simon asked the band permission to include a cover version of the song on an album. The band advised him that the piece belonged to Andean folklore, while the arrangement was Jorge Milchberg's (director of Los Incas). Milchberg is represented as the arrangement's co-author because he added two notes which entitled him to collect royalties. In 1970, Simon & Garfunkel covered the Los Incas' version under the name "El Cóndor Pasa" ("If I Could"), adding English lyrics written by Simon,[2] and included it in the album Bridge Over Troubled Water. Daniel Alomía Robles was not listed in the credits as the piece's original composer, because it was considered an Andean folk melody. Simon was listed as the author of the lyrics; nobody was given credit for the melody. This cover achieved worldwide fame, and has itself been covered multiple times, its lyrics translated into multiple languages. Even Armando Robles Godoy, the composer's son and Peruvian filmmaker, wrote new lyrics for the song using Paul Simon's version as a reference.

:facepalm:

same with La Bamba:

shitty stolen versions:

fucking cunts...

I mean, I'm not against cover versions or anything like that, sometimes they're even cooler, but achieving fame without giving credits to the original composers it's just a really shitty move...

Edited by cruising for burgers

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...