IGNORED

King Krule - Man Alive!

markedone

I like the first few tracks, but then the energy levels drop right off and he gets a bit mumbly. I quite liked The Ooz but it was pretty bloated, at least this is a bit more concise.

I've only listened a few times mind you so it's still percolating. 

20 hours ago, Poimandres said:

I like the first few tracks, but then the energy levels drop right off and he gets a bit mumbly. I quite liked The Ooz but it was pretty bloated, at least this is a bit more concise.

I've only listened a few times mind you so it's still percolating. 

ive only had one full listen through, but first impression is similar actually.  the ooz had some strummy murky production but this album takes it to another level.

for example, perfecto miserable (apparently one of the singles) is almost too depressing...  im really loving the other singles but hoping that with more listens i can sort through the murky rest of the album and it reveals some gems.

I like it even though it feels kind of structureless, like smoke filling a room. That's fine though, its a strong mood.
Seeing him live this sunday, curious how it will be.

just relistened to the hey world versions last night as well and it also helped perfecto miserable click with me..

in general the album is growing on me, there are beautiful melodies that on first listen were buried in the rather busy and distorted production.  and it has great flow, the jazz-lounge vibe of underclass comes in at the perfect time, great track.

12 hours ago, gnarlybog said:

I like it even though it feels kind of structureless, like smoke filling a room. That's fine though, its a strong mood.
Seeing him live this sunday, curious how it will be.

I saw him/them a couple of years back. Was a good show. The crowd was interesting, very young. I'm 35 and felt like an old man. The show was also sold out, which is cool for a place like Brisbane Australia where I had no idea he had any reach at all. Gives me hope for the youth of today!

Archived