IGNORED

Butthole Surfers

Mugsey

Has anybody else noticed the similarity between 'Heard From The Telegraph Lines' and the opening track to the Butthole Surfers 'Locust Abortion Technician' LP.

Not saying it's plagiarism by any means but it certainly sounds similar.

Has anybody else noticed the similarity between 'Heard From The Telegraph Lines' and the opening track to the Butthole Surfers 'Locust Abortion Technician' LP.

Not saying it's plagiarism by any means but it certainly sounds similar.

wowzers...didnt notice that before. chord progression is almost exact, but with some sort of synth strings.

i like :kiss:

locust abortion technition is fucking awesome on acid.

the butthole surfers live iss fucking ridiculously awesome on acid.

probably the best show I've ever seen.

Guest Strange Attractor
hey that is a little eerie... even eerier that this is on a butthole surfers album :laughing:

i've been trying to pick what dlp6 on the distintergration loops reminded me of a while ago and i noticed it was a boards song too... in the background of 'macquarie ridge'. it's VERY similar... even more so than this.

Holy sh*t! That is similar!

Guest all_purpose_sandpaper

butthole surfers have one of the greatest guitarists. their cover of hurdy gurdy man has the fattest riffs.

heard through telegraph lines, i thought, may be a hand on a stick to Christ, the track has a similar garble to his stuff from pylonesque, and the telegraph reference.

there is this dinosaur jr. album, "your living all over me" that i found similar to my bloody valentine, so therefore it is similar to boc. there is a tapey freakout track on there.

Guest Moebius
but yeah, it's almost like they built a new song around that little passage... it's almost too similar and i'm pretty sure they must've heard the disintergration loop series.

Boards of Canada are definately aware of DLP, they commented on it directly in the Wire Magazine interview.

Archived