Plaid Remix to Appear on John Tejada’s “Moving 909s” EP

Hmm, I'm not sure if I'm completely won over yet. Don't get me wrong, I love Plaid as much as any sensible human being, but they can sound a bit samey sometimes. Dunno if I don't prefer the original with its more direct approach. Here are some longer excerpts:

https://kompakt.fm/releases/moving_909s?mc_cid=426f6e2d24&mc_eid=b9fb534b4f

Good news regardless as I love John Tejada.  He did a mix for Families in 2005 which remains my all time favourite "minimal" techno DJ mix.  I was under an hour long and pretty faultless to be honest. 

Also, probably old news, but JT remixed Plaid last year:

Edited by Soloman Tump
Posted (edited)

This is a good remix. Plaid just sounding like Plaid, a bit tooo samey but kinda has a feel to it that makes me think of tracks such a Get What You Gave and Thank. The "dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun" synths around the middle and end of the track kinda braintease me because it just sounds like it's randomly misplaced and doesn't click with the remix. ? Still a very good remix and I think I'm more into it than the one they did a couple months ago for Ricardo Tobar

Edited by President Squidward

Blasted this out a few times today and well needed, does some familiar in places but no one makes a sound like that!