IGNORED

Sam Prekop - Comma

zero

spacer.png

https://samprekop.bandcamp.com/album/comma

Comma is Prekop’s modern minimal pop album that taps into the experimental heritage of the synthesizer. The album places Sam Prekop’s work squarely in the tradition of electronic music pioneers like Brian Eno and Yellow Magic Orchestra who brought together the unrestrained ambition of the avant-garde with the immediacy and accessibility of pop music.

I'm a big The Sea & Cake fan, this is nothing like that. no vocals and I like the addition of beats on some of the tracks, something I felt was lacking on his last album.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'll have to take a looksee, I've enjoyed The Sea & Cake and other related bands in the orbit of Gastr del Sol and Tortoise before

On first listen, this is really good. Could be a uziq release tbh if I closed my eyes. Something is off with the mastering though even at medium volume its hurting my big ass ears. 

Worth buying for sure. Thanks for sharing.

September Remember and The New Last are my favs with Never Met a close third (James Holden vibes there).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

On first listen, this is really good. Could be a uziq release tbh if I closed my eyes. Something is off with the mastering though even at medium volume its hurting my big ass ears. 

Worth buying for sure. Thanks for sharing.

September Remember and The New Last are my favs with Never Met a close third (James Holden vibes there).

Agreed. Been meaning to post about this. Sam is a hugely underrated musician. 

I think a lot of people are turned off by his “breathy” vocals on the Sea and Cake stuff, so they don’t explore further (at their loss).

3 minutes ago, Extralife said:

Agreed. Been meaning to post about this. Sam is a hugely underrated musician. 

I think a lot of people are turned off by his “breathy” vocals on the Sea and Cake stuff, so they don’t explore further (at their loss).

New artist to me - this release is my first! Definitely going to check out more though. ?