IGNORED

Carling Cup round up

chenGOD

Wow. I have to pin that all on Shessssssny. 99% sure he gives a shout to Koscielny and then fucks it up. Koscielny is a fine central defender, he reads the game really really well for someone as young as he is.

Unbelievable at Foster the Flapper actually pulling those saves off. He never showed that kind of style when playing for us.

Guest Gary C

6 years.

Talk of sacking him, him leaving gets stronger every year. But he single-handedly brought English football into the 21st century with his training and dietary regimes. He gave us the decade of prosperity that allowed us to build a huge new stadium, built a global-scouting network that brings us the 2nd best (lol) youth players in the world and he's trying to build a sustainable football team.

Still, though, Fabregas is leaving this summer win-or-lose. Arshavin is looking like he did before he left Zenit and Nasri is being a bit of a cunt about his contract too.

I can't see him being around in 3 years. He even named who he'd like to be his successor a few weeks ago (Dragan Stojkovic).

It'll all change when Fergie retires sometime in the next 3 years. Mourinho/Guardiola to Man U. Wenger to Barca/Real.

• 1 year later...

5-6 Arsenal scores in the last minute of added time, i fucking hate this ridiculous sport Arsenal don't deserve this.

5-7 Arsenal win, this has been one of the best games ever. Chamack scores twice lol.

Embarrassing scoreline, but if Arsenal don't get Walcott to re-sign then there's really no hope. He can be flaky, but the impact he can make when he has the space is huge.

Also, wtf Arshavin? One good game a year, then?

Guest drukqs11

As my compatriot José Mourinho said one day:

Five-four is a hockey score, not a football score. In a three-against-three training match, if the score reaches 5-4 I send the players back to the dressing rooms as they are not defending properly. So to get a result like that in a game of 11 against 11 is disgraceful." (After Arsenal-Tottenham match which ended 5-4 in 2004)

That is the problem in English football. While it's entertaining to see 12 goals in a game, it isnt a well played match and i doubt Wenger was happy about it too...

hahaha

"The Arsenal striker and fellow Frenchman Francis Coquelin threw their jerseys into the crowd at the end of normal time, thinking the Gunners had earned a replay.

But that meant extra-time beckoned, so the clueless twosome had to grab their shirts back off the fans! "

Guest Ron Manager

Luckily BBC has Football League highlight rights, so I'm looking forward to watching this one later. Reminds me of that 7-4 Portsmouth-Reading game a few years back in the PL, except way more mental owing to the comeback.

Guest Ron Manager

I actually didn't realise Spurs had lost until jhonny said so - I think I saw '2-1' in the list of results and just assumed that was a victory for Tottenham. So, lol.

just so inconsistent under AVB. some times we look great, other games utter utter wanking shite.

thinking siggurdson was like for like replacement for VdV was highly retarded and I will cite this as the reason we will finish 6th or 7th.

Guest drukqs11

just so inconsistent under AVB. some times we look great, other games utter utter wanking shite.

It's kinda strange why AVB is not making his breaktrhough outside Portugal, his season in FC Porto (i'm a Porto supporter) was by far the best season i saw Porto playing ever, by a long margin. Not even the Europa League + Champions League Mourinho seasons where that good. Porto simply stomped that season, both internally and in the European competition. Altough we had such a great team with everyone on peak form, and we had a guy called Falcão that is simply put by far the best Striker in the world right now, AVB seemed to have done a great job making the team play that well...

It's kinda strange why AVB is not making his breaktrhough outside Portugal, his season in FC Porto (i'm a Porto supporter) was by far the best season i saw Porto playing ever, by a long margin. Not even the Europa League + Champions League Mourinho seasons where that good. Porto simply stomped that season, both internally and in the European competition. Altough we had such a great team with everyone on peak form, and we had a guy called Falcão that is simply put by far the best Striker in the world right now, AVB seemed to have done a great job making the team play that well...

I still consider him a wonderkid coach, but he got very lucky in taking Porto so well shaped. Only thing he needed is to swap Meireles with Moutinho (very important player for AVB model, hence not completed transfers of Moutinho to Chelsea and Tottenham). Jose Mourinho wasn't that lucky with his first big job at Benfica, AVB came to home team where he knew everything inside out. It was AVB's huge mistake to dump Porto before CL year - Falcao wouldn't go anywhere if he stayed. AVB wanted to speed things up and took a kick in the ass. Fair play.

• 2 months later...

Archived