IGNORED

tracker?

Guest skibby

Guest skibby

i use a side scrolling daw. one time i used Modplug tracker and made a bar or two on it. I just loaded that up again and I have no recollection of how I made it or how modplug tracker works. tried opening the .it file in renoise demo and of course there are only clicks where the kickdrum is supposed to be, everything is 5 octaves too high or something. im sure its super easy once one knows the list of secrets such as how stuff is routed, where the list of stuff is, how to change a bunch of events to operate something. not sure what the difference between sample and instrument is. it was only 2009, im blown away i forgot how to use this.

i'm hoping somebody wants to talk about their tracker use. i'm on my cellular otherwise i would watch youtube tutorials. plus, watmm is more social than watching stuff. maybe somebody knows a decent place, pdf, or something, to brush up on my disappeared tracker skills.

Go through the beginners tutorials;

http://www.renoise.com/tutorials

btw although opening old legacy formats like .mod, .xm & .it can be done in Renoise it isn't supported to the point of similar sounding as in the original trackers the tunes were composed in.

Better open up one of the supplied demo songs and start from there.

Archived