IGNORED

First time poster

Guest johnegg12

I was gonna write some 50 paragraph ting on this cuz I listened to all posted tracks- but in summation-- yeah cool vibez in general man!!! Dig the tape "aesthetic" and general vibez in general, general. The first tape one is kind of funny where it sounds like, you realized that the plug wasn't in all the way or pan wasn't set straight, so you fix it mid track.

Yah, so I was having a pretty good time with Fukqed Up and The Great Rave Of 1873, cuz a SoundCloud track played on 1 page automatically stops another from playing. So I was hitting play up and down the 2 tracks, and it was pretty bitchin'. I was like, "LOOK MAAAH, I'M MAKIN' MUSIC MAAAAH~~~!!!", but there was nobody around. But yah- those tracks together was a lot of fun (mixes well due to glitchy style of Fukqed Up). Thanks.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest LoveRhino

Hey John

Is there any chance you are the same John Egg who posted back to the Irish Drum and Bass board ten years or so ago. I have two tracks called "China" and "Blue Bottix" that someone called John Egg posted on that site 10 or 12 years ago that I still listen to on a regularly (and I mean, monthly) basis.

The track Shite on your soundcloud page is AMAZING!

Guest LoveRhino

Ha! Just checked out your Soundcloud page and it is you! Fantastic! I have been loving this tune for ages. Let's here some new stuff. Right now! Where are you going? Get back into thar studio and don't come out till you've some new tracks! :biggrin:

the first track is very funny. and i mean that in a positive way! The sound and its humor kind of remind me of this peaches track called fuck the pain away. well, at 1:02 it stops reminding me of peaches but remains to be fun although i don't really like the harmonies and/of the flute-like synths. but around 2:18 the drumlayering and distortion are awesome. now the second track is something different. very well done and relaxing...ok, that sounds horrible again. beautiful tune mate.

Guest johnegg12

Crikey, thanks guys for the positive feedback. Im waiting for the negative! :) Glad ye enjoyed my music.

Hey Loverhino, yep that was a long time now, havent been on there in years. Proof that those tunes are pretty old though :biggrin: Must get back and make some more. What was your name on irish drum n bass?

Really tasty stuff, man - great to see a fellow Irish head here.

All i can say is echo what the rest are preaching - get making more music!

Out of interest, what were you using to make all this older stuff? 10 years is a big enough gap, might you dip your feet into a new DAW or stick with your old system?

Guest johnegg12

Thanks Trip for the kind words. I actually used a playstation for 1 or 2 of those, recorded on to a shitty cassette tape. Sounded crap to me at the time but listening back nearly 15 years later it sounds good with the tape feedback! I used FL Studio a lot too, mostly Reason now though. I have a roland groovebox too but havent recorded anything on it, mosty just for fucking around with.

• 2 weeks later...

I swear I've heard the vibes from "Orbitus 34" before. I can't put my finger on it tho. Nice post-techno impression I get from it.

"Anothlog" feels like a requiem for the early 90's rave scene, albeit a little repetitive (confirming night walker's drivel).

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be. *sigh*

Oh baby, Analogth got some crazy usage of good old drum machines. Though while listening through the song I feel it could need more variance. Sounds like made with a tracker :) Then, your pads and background layers are arranged very nicely. Also the balance and mastering is well done. And it makes me feel like home - thanks :music:

I don't like Orbitus 34 though but that's quite subjective because it feels too simple to me, but, that's really a matter of taste.

Guest johnegg12

Cheers man. Yep I agree, most of them are pretty repetitive, Im pretty lazy! :) Trying to add more variation though in future tunes.

Archived