IGNORED

live remix/glitch-type software?

lala

has there been any new live/glitch type software come out at all?

ive seen the breakwife stuff but have been concentrating on hardware a lot so havent been looking very hard! any format reaktor/max/vst?

I'm pretty impressed by the new version of Usine that came out a couple months ago, and it's really well suited for live glitch. It's still half off right now, too. Definitely a learning curve and I'm far from an expert since I moved over to hardware just a couple months after I got the pervious version, but it's realyl deep software and well worth it, especially if you're in to live ambient/gltch/experimental type stuff.

cool! ive got a touchscreen laptop as well, which i see are supported - are there any good demos or videos or something i should check out?

just download the latest release and give it a go. there are some demos and templates already included and make sure to update the addons in the browser (ctrl+b), some nice stuff there. physics + grains = megaglitch !

cool! ive got a touchscreen laptop as well, which i see are supported - are there any good demos or videos or something i should check out?

Definitely try it, multitouch support is one of its main focuses, it's ahead of almost everything on that front. The Leap Motion support is really good, too.

You might find a use for Virtual ANS, too. And it's free for OSX and Windows.

http://warmplace.ru/soft/ans/

dunno about any new type glitch plugin specially catered for live use, but I'm hearing good things about permut8 for messing up sounds;

Any daw will allow you to midimap a plugins paramerers to a midi controller, imo nicer to set-up more unique effect chains then rely on one stop solutions which often have a signature sound / structure. Of course it is what you do with such tools, but the whole effect changing every N'th bar has run its cliche course imo. Personally I'm looking into reliable & flexible hardware for live play, for example the newer kaospad models, running renoise through a unit and build stuff through overdubbing.

• 4 weeks later...

New versions of FL come with Gross Beat. It lets you draw a line to basically scroll through a bar of your track, so you can make tape-ish slowdowns and speedups and reverse things, quirky jumps etc. it's pretty cool. I appreciate that it focuses on this single effect instead of a mish-mash like dblue glitch.

Archived