IGNORED

Europa League 2015-16

chenGOD

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can was vital. Made all the difference in your midfield. A good game by Liverpool. Shame about the stupidity of Ruiz, and the ref missed a clear pen for Villareal.

You mean the blatant dive that should've resulted in a yellow card?

Literally, the only person besides the ref, including all the scouse fans on r/soccer, who didn't call that push by Moreno a penalty. I know you're a delusional pool fan, but jeez man.

Literally, the only person besides the ref, including all the scouse fans on r/soccer, who didn't call that push by Moreno a penalty. I know you're a delusional pool fan, but jeez man.

r/soccer, or americans as they're normally called, known the world over as the people who know the least about football.

I was actually thinking of an incident in the first half, can't remember which Villarreal player was involved.

the one you're on about wasn't in any way a penalty either though, Suarez feels Moreno behind him, throws himself to the ground, you can see it again at around 36mins here. pretty blatant dive, though the kind of one that some referees will fall for, so I guess we were lucky he didn't make the wrong call.

r/soccer is about 50% American, and many of those Americans have plenty of European/South American heritage. There are plenty of English and people from other "footballing" nations posting on there.

But fine - Guardian coverage: http://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2016/may/05/liverpool-v-villarreal-europa-league-semi-final-second-leg-live?page=with:block-572baf7ae4b00455bdea3e8b#block-572baf7ae4b00455bdea3e8b

From the Independent: "...a stupid Alberto Moreno push on Denis Suarez with the score at 2-0..."

Moreno's hand is clearly on his shoulder, it's clearly a pen.

Your blinders go on anytime anything negative is said about Liverpool. I understand it's been a frustrating decade for you lot, but really, just a bit of objectivity eh?

r/soccer is about 50% American, and many of those Americans have plenty of European/South American heritage. There are plenty of English and people from other "footballing" nations posting on there.

But fine - Guardian coverage: http://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2016/may/05/liverpool-v-villarreal-europa-league-semi-final-second-leg-live?page=with:block-572baf7ae4b00455bdea3e8b#block-572baf7ae4b00455bdea3e8b

From the Independent: "...a stupid Alberto Moreno push on Denis Suarez with the score at 2-0..."

Moreno's hand is clearly on his shoulder, it's clearly a pen.

Your blinders go on anytime anything negative is said about Liverpool. I understand it's been a frustrating decade for you lot, but really, just a bit of objectivity eh?

hand on a shoulder doesn't equal a foul, it wasn't a foul, he dived, no penalty. being perfectly objective here, just not a fan of diving. I agree with the Independent though, it was stupid play from Moreno, not because it was a foul, but because the ref could easily have bought the dive.

• 2 weeks later...

liverpool well on top there, and what a fucking finish!!!

seville not at all playing well, their long ball game disrupted our game for the first ten minutes, but we figured it out pretty quickly. they're lucky not to have conceded a couple of penalties as well, two of them definitely shouldn't have been given, but a shitter ref could easily have cocked that up, the first and last ones were penalties though, certainly the last one.

they were all over the place after we scored, hope we don't live to regret failing to put the game to bed.

Sevilla very fortunate, we should've been out of sight by half time, ref was poor throughout, blew up for every one of their dives, missed two pens, massive time-wasting after their flukey third. They did play a lot better in the second half though, and we didn't do enough to get back into it, so fair play to them.

So no Europe for us next season, with lot of time to concentrate on the league again, don't think it'll be as exciting as a few years ago, but should be finishing top four.

Three european trophies in a row is some achivement though, and you're always going to need some luck to achieve that. They'll be geed up for the cup double next week now as well. They might have a hard time hanging onto Unai Emery much longer, though Monchi probably deserves the most credit in that operation.

Liverpool'll be a tougher nut to crack in the PL next season because of tonight, any final place takes graft

a proper manager like Klopp will use this disappointment to push on & it could work to his/their advantage, recruit well (be interesting to see who they go after/land), maybe improve the odds of a top-4 next season in the process

Here we go again, English club loses because bad luck, bad referee etc.

:catcry:

what? bad luck was mostly with the third goal and the double deflection, on another day we might've got a penalty we deserved in the first half as well, but these things happen. like I said, Sevilla played very well in the second half and we didn't, so fair play to them, they deserved it in the end.

Liverpool'll be a tougher nut to crack in the PL next season because of tonight, any final place takes graft

a proper manager like Klopp will use this disappointment to push on & it could work to his/their advantage, recruit well (be interesting to see who they go after/land), maybe improve the odds of a top-4 next season in the process

yeah, it'll be interesting to see how we approach the transfer window now, we've gone from playing the most games in the england this season (63 I think) to only playing around 45 or so next season (depending on how we do in the domestic cups), so we won't need the same numbers next season, which might mean pushing one or two out and going for replacements earlier than he would have otherwise. I like Lallana, and he was our busiest and most effective attacking player in the first half, but I think we might need something a bit more pacy and more of a direct goal threat there next season, Allen is another, can't afford to keep Benteke around either you would have thought, might want to loan out the likes of Ibe and Ojo who've been playing towards the end of the season, Moreno might be under more threat now as well with less games to compete for, Lucas, Toure and Skrtel probably out too.

Very interesting match. First 45 was pretty evenly balanced with Liverpool just edging it, and a lovely strike by Sturridge. After Sevilla scored their first I thought Liverpool were going to boss it for the rest of the second half, they put on a pretty good onslaught for the following 10 minutes or so, but then just couldn't get it done. Coutinho was non-existent today, and once Sevilla stopped playing their left back so high up the pitch that threat from Clyne disappeared.

Credit to Sevilla for winning 3 in a row. That's some accomplishment.

Edit: I wonder if no European play affects your transfer window. Will Goetze be happy with no CL/EL? Where else would he go though-maybe Italy or PSG, though he doesn't really fit the system there.

Archived