IGNORED

Plaid - Clock

pizza

100% classic Plaid track with a Plaid structure and very solid. Very good track. Progress as a band - not so much.

What I am a bit disappointed of, but that applies to bigger parts of the IDM scene as well, their melodies go 4/4 and notes like "A-C-D-B" (repeat numerous times). Be more creative!

Would also go well with Heavens door/Tekkon Kinkreet album.

However, after all a very good track,

Has anyone got the files downloaded? I've got 16 so far. I wonder what the tempo is? The site gave me a headache earlier, trying to get them all.

I found 17 by cheating and looking at the source.

http://www.thediggingremedy.com/js/LINKS.js

Also I think it's 136 BPM.

I wonder if they're going to do another remix competition since they're releasing stems again. Even if not, it's really nice to have these!

100% classic Plaid track with a Plaid structure and very solid. Very good track. Progress as a band - not so much.

What I am a bit disappointed of, but that applies to bigger parts of the IDM scene as well, their melodies go 4/4 and notes like "A-C-D-B" (repeat numerous times). Be more creative!

Would also go well with Heavens door/Tekkon Kinkreet album.

However, after all a very good track,

They did a lot of good creative stuff with Scintilli in terms of time signatures and melody/harmony. It's my favorite of theirs. Especially because of the compositional ear candy that Missing is.

Guest Chesney

I agree that clock is fairly standard in structure but sometimes that is all is needed. Plenty of other tracks have clever timings and poly ideas.

Wallet from their last is a good example of something that sounds pretty and normal until you really listen to the nuts and bolts of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived