IGNORED

Incunabula vs Amber

watmmisdead

Amber for me. Was the first Autechre album I bought. I'd never heard their music before and I just took a punt on it as they were label mates with Aphex Twin. I was stunned really. Such a beautiful set of sounds. Amber was the perfect stepping stone into the rest of their back catalogue. And into the ultimate IDM rabbit hole, of which I'm still lost in. 

Edited by beerwolf

On 9/26/2024 at 3:36 AM, xox said:

Nott truu! It started with Incunabula! If you can’t tell the difference between Incunabula and eurodance, RTFM!

it's not that it necessarily sounds specifically like anything else, it's just that it definitely sounds like the early 90s

I listen to Incunabula in the car while driving by default, but that’s not a relevant method of deciding which album is “better.”

Amber is dark yet playful; the method creates some beautiful contrasts as on Nine (sonorous emptiness meets wamping synth); to anyone whose found their way to this site it’s obviously the next step towards modern chre.

Incunabula moves more optimistically through the acid hardware, with moments like the vamp in Eggshell pulling weight. Lowride moves through and of course 444 is driving the chariot.

if I could only have one album I would choose incunabula cause it’s more substantial rhythmically and melodically