IGNORED

Machinedrum - 天​の​川 (River of Heaven)

kuniklo

Not to shabby. I've known about him since the Merck days. This is the first time I've heard anything from him since 2016 (Human Energy, I think).

To me it seems like he's always conflicted between trying to appeal to a wider audience and doing his own thing. I'm hoping he'll do more of the latter from here on out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ambermonk said:

Not to shabby. I've known about him since the Merck days. This is the first time I've heard anything from him since 2016 (Human Energy, I think).

To me it seems like he's always conflicted between trying to appeal to a wider audience and doing his own thing. I'm hoping he'll do more of the latter from here on out.

Couldn't say it any better.  You can quickly tell when he's making music that he wants to hear/make compared to when he's making music to stay relevant in the EDM scene and keep up with his connections and festival invites.

Btw there is nothing innately wrong with that either.  Guy has a family to support so I get it.  I'll always keep an ear out for when he is making the good stuff though.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2023 at 1:12 PM, ambermonk said:

If I had to point you to one track to check out since then, I would recommend giving this a listen:

• 1 month later...

I feel pretty lucky to be able to go see him on 11/17 in Chicago with RP Boo. Maybe the Chi will flow and it will be some "Room(s)" energy. He just doesn't miss lately.