IGNORED

Music Hate

Guest ~ism

Do you ever get into a mental state, or a period of being, whereby every time you sit down to work on music all you seem to do is piss away hours doing absolutely fuck all except wind yourself up into a stressed ball of absolute hate and anger, ready to smash the fucking laptop into a 1000 tiny peices and piss over the hard drive before sending hate mail to the people responsible for writing every one of the billion useless vst instruments and effects that have just failed to inspire you to write a single worthy note of music?

Like when you just cannot for the life of you get anything creative out of your head....its just a black void full of too much other shit, work, chores, weddings, stag nights, football, tv, food, wimmin, more work, weather, stress, anything but fucking music!!!

Honestly - I've sat down god knows how many times in the past few weeks to try and get a tune finished and just can't. I've hit an absolute physical block. Like I get tensed up and want to break stuff. Then break the broken bits into more broken peices.

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEE

EEERRRS!¬¬!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FU CK IN G MUSS IICC CCO MMM EEE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTT MAAA HEEEIII DDDDDDDDDDDDD CCCCCCCCCCUNNNTTTSSS OOO!

thi shappen to any of you? if so please help me.

please help me now.

please help me now.

please help me now.

please help me now.

please help me now.v

please help me now.

please help me now.please help me now.please help me now.vplease help me now.

please help me now.

please help me now.

please help me now.

please help me now.

please help me now.please help me now.please help me now.

please help me now.please help me now.please help me now.please help me now.please help me now.please help me now.

please help me now.please help me now.please help me now.please help me now.please help me now.vvplease help me now.vplease help me now.please help me now.vplease help me now.vplease help me now.please help me now.please help me now.vplease help me now.please help me now.vplease help me now.please help me now.please help me now.please help me now.please help me now.vvplease help me now.please help me now.please help me now.vvplease help me now.please help me now.vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

****HEAD SUPER NOVAS AND EXPLODES ALL OVER THE NEWLY DECORATED LIVING ROOM *****

ahhh thats better.

so, seriously.... anyone get creative block from time to time?

how ya get over it...without doing time I mean.

Guest sinkfield

i feel ya brotha, im stuck on a rut too

sometimes i get inspired but it quickly dissapears

ive finished one track in 4 months

it sucks

Sorry, mate.

I'm have the exact opposite problem as you. I've made like 5 tracks this week. And they're

fantastic.

But don't worry. I hadn't written but 5 minutes of music all spring and the beginning of summer. It'll come around again.

I don't know if it's been posted here before but This website has some decent idea for creative blocks.

I seem to be on the same thing the past few months. I have regressed like 8 years and am just making 8 bar loops that i can't seem to make into songs. So usually i close cubase and end up mixing some of my older tracks together in traktor, and then i don't save anything. I think it's becuase I spent like half a month mapping out drum maps in kontakt when I got it, and affter that i was just sick of seeing a computer screen containing anything having to do with music. My electribe SX is broken right now (power supply) and that's usually my "non computer" creativity vice. Sad times.

However I will say that when i'm working on something and get frustrated I usually go outside for a while (15 or so mins) and come back and am usually refreshed. Also lots of air and liquid are good for when you're composing. When i smoke ciggerettes I go outside usually unless I'm really stuck on some little edit. That way it's not all smokey inside.

Honestly the only thing that ever REALLY makes me get over a creative block, is working with other people in person. Other people's energy is good.

Guest Mr. Magoo

mate i get this everyday, i just start off a awsome bass/drums/melody, then i just dont know what else to do.

Guest version2006
...giant bitch...

Stick it out dude, after frustration and boredom comes fantasty by accident.

Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide...
oblique stratagies or whatever.

shut the fuck up.

are you looking for some sort of petting session from other people that are in a rut too?

DO YOU NEED SOME ATTENTION?

Do you need a hug from a bunch of people you have never met?

these people here on the internet will not bail you out of jail if you get a DUI. internetworking friendship is for routers.

quit making music you will never be an idol.

Get away from internets for a while. If you allocate your usual 'bored..watmm!' time to either listening to/creating music and sounds you'll most likely get more done.. Unless you've done that already, in that case IGNORE::

Guest aeser

writers block. it sucks, but you can't force creativity and inspiration. i usually just try to fuck around on keyboards and or programming drums for like 20 minutes and if it's not happening i go do something else.

Guest Alienz

I bought a new soundcard about 2 months ago, thinking it would help improve my 'workflow'. I installed it and guess what, I feel I'm more stuck than ever before, havent made any music since. I just cant bring myself to even start up any musicprogram anymore.

One thing Ive done in the past to help is to write the cheesiest song I can possibly think of. Ive got one with like, sampled vocals from Seal's "Kiss from A Rose" and some super lame wannabe 909 drums that would just go great with a bottle of cheap wine. I don't know why this seems to help but it does.

that feeling means you need to rest your ears and isolate yourself as much as possible

dont listen to any music, try to avoid doing shit like watching the tv and listening to too much music, the last thing you want to do is to reinforce your passive stance to things, passitivity is the main creative killing thing.. slowly youll be getting ideas back and a stronger urge than ever to finger on those white and black keys.

it's so easy to just minimes the program and start browsing websites and listening to music by your heroes, but it's not going to do much good to your creative process

i have folder called - work

i save all my little bits and bobs in there

i forget about them for a while

i come back and work on them from time to time

i make jams

i love you all

mo

I mainly get frustrated when programs crash and not so much during the compositional process. Cubase really added to my frustration just by existing on my desktop. I'm in the process of overcoming the longest writing block of my life. Simply because I stopped using cubase and tried ableton live.

when i get the block i love it because it means im gonna come up with an epic, like i had 2 weeks of block before i wrote the subalbum. then a few days before i wrote bodius house ep.

cheers for the comments...a lot of it rings true.

getting back into the swing of it... though i think it's the summer time weather thats doing it. i work better in the dark, grim winter months for sure.

getting back into the swing of it... though i think it's the summer time weather thats doing it. i work better in the dark, grim winter months for sure.

~ism mate,

here do some sub remixes

The Sub - Ableton Sets

definately, I think the winter is a more creative period. Found that out with project 168.

Archived