IGNORED

so uh, hello everything leaked.

sisforawesome

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest CBrown

ive listened to the "leak" and i doubt it's sqp....my money goes that it's a fake, with the exception of 1 track or maybe a few

wouldn't surprise me if it was lindrum larry that made it

who knows, maybe someone else that happens to know sqp...maybe that's how they got the full modern bass guitar and maybe even they got the full welcome to europe, a better elaboration on this whole thing

well, i'm not paranoid, i really don't give a shit, but it's interesting to see people playing monkey tennis over it

i got a promo in the mail, will chime in again...maybe i'm wrong

Guest CBrown

and seriously, does it strike anyone as weird that the one track that is verifyable sqp at this point is signifcantly different than all the other tracks on this "leak" ????

Guest Coalbucket PI

I cant quite bring myself to bet on it, at the moment I wouldnt be surprised if it turned out to be fake or real

and seriously, does it strike anyone as weird that the one track that is verifyable sqp at this point is signifcantly different than all the other tracks on this "leak" ????

No, its called a promo, usually release ahead of a forthcoming album release, and to be honest its not that different to alot of the other tracks, it has bass on it and drums and tweaky bits. How similar was "My red hot car" to every other track on "go plastic"? Not very

Larrys audio output is well produced and thoughtout but not THIS well produced and though out

for a brief second when larry said that it would become blatantly obvious who had 'faked' this, Benn L Jordan came to mind, then i remember, even with his best tunes he doesnt have the capability or the skill to clone it to this genuine an article.

Actually,yeah, this thread is ridiculous and im laughing my ass off as i type this

hope Larry can cover the bets loss

Hey guys, if Squarepusher has hardware synths it's completely impossible for him to go in a new direction and make music with Reason instead. After all, he doesn't use shit $200 analogue bass guitar emulations from the early 80s ever, he has a real bass guitar. A real bass guitar is obviously far superior to anything like that.

you're all fucking embarrassing. Larry isn't Andy Jenks as Chen god just Pm'd me to ask. This is the REAL Squarepusher Album ok. So any more talk questioning the realness of it... Well, i put that down to liking the sound of your own voice. When someone is trolling people like to get into the spirit of getting trolled and will in some cases carry on the game even fully aware they are being trolled.

err I'd just like to point out that, in fact i haven't heard anything off this. Except the modern bass guitar.

lol

dunno why I thought that LLC was Ceephax, it seemed to have come up in one of my alternate realities perhaps.

On what basis can someone say that sqp isn't pushin the boundaries again?

Just because it isn't as messy and rich with broken beats doesn't mean it'is not advanced. Perhaps you could cosider him as man who is blending different styles, and exploring new musical forms and structures(of the songs in the genre), which is, considerng the wide range of his instrumentarium and musical tastes he puts in motion, really

hard to find these days.The man is obviously a virtuoso and as my expirience

tells me, they never fall behind.(Paganinni, Hendrix...)

[random crap]

have you any idea what kind of gear squarepusher has? you think hes going to use some very basic software plugins instead? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND??

[some more random crap]

LOL

a lot of producers nowadays are switching to use mainly or even only software. go figure!

(e.g. The Prodigy)

so why shouldn't he be doing it as well? don't be so naive LLC

Hurray... Finally allowed to post with my own profile. I was waiting for it to be authorised or whatever so I used my mates (slagawaga) in the mean time.

First off, I'm sorry for spurring on the arguments over this. Ian smith is right in saying its beyond stupid right now. It is funny how long this thread has bocome, but thats beside the point.

What we should be discussing is whether people like this album or not. Now that its been floating around for a while, and we've all had the chance to listen to it a few times our opinions will have probably changed and/or developed.

i liked this as soon as I heard it, and it has grown on me even more. I gave it a full listen through today (off work with a fractured collar bone, would really like to be making my own music right now but not being able to use a mouse or turn more than 1 knob at a time is preventing this, not got much else to do other than listen to CD's) and I really do like nearly everything on this album.

It has such a nice uplifting vibe to it and really puts a a smile on my face. The melody in hello meow is so bloody catchy, and I kinda like the ridge racer-ish synth parts. It has a very Japanese feel to it, and the section where the drums build up with retriggering, then drop out yoo leave the melody and chords for a bar is just glorious.

Theme from sprite is also a wonderful track, thr groove between the bass and guitar is so solid and when they step up is so cool. This track has quite a 70's feel to it (as does a lot of the album IMO) But its just such a cool track, cant help but nod my head.

Sorry, was starting to get sucked into writting a summery, will stop myself now.

The only tracks I dont particularly like are Vaccum Garden and Rotate electrolyte. Vacuum garden sound totally out of place amongst everything else. It does however do very weird things to my head and I'd probably enjoy it a lot more in a different context. The reson I dont like rotate is the melody at around 4:20, just think its a little cheesy, although it does have that 70's sound which seemns to be a bit of a thread in this album. I also think that the tune as a whole seems a little disjointed and a little loose.

Everything else I really enjoy listening to. Welcome to europe is so good, the chord sequrncews are key changes are nutty but never sound weird IMO. The melody works so well too, also exteamly bloody catchy. I cant wait till I have a legal copy of this, the smile that spreads across my face will onlky grow bigger when Im free of thye guilty feeling of having a naughty copy.

my only hope for the for the release, is that Cronecker King is much longer, it sound as though it been cut short for the promo, as do a couple of others, Plantarium seems like its about to build up again and go pretty hectic.

Sorry to waffle on again. As i said before, Ive got all the time in the world ATM.

I'm not gonna be disapointed in the slightest either way. Even if by a miracle this ends up not being genuine, its still a great album and I'm glad to have heard it.

The jazzier tracks are great for chilling out to and the fast tracks would really get me going at a club.

What more could you really ask for?

Guest Captain Cooper

I heard this last night but I was so pissed I can't remember anything about it. And my mouth tastes of sick.

hot damn...

did tom lost it?

uhm...

i mean, there are some nice(ish) tracks on there

but most of it sounds childish compared to hard normal daddy etc.

i was expecting something out of this world not this kind of.... ehm.. doodling.

even the mastering is nothing to write home about..

ahwell.... im sticking with vsnares, jonas and dorian :)

mlon

Guest Lindrum Larry Cocopipe

lol the only lindrum larry ceephax thing again.

i posted about 70 unfinished bollocks tracks of mine made with my really shit home setep and extremely limited ability and still people ask that question?

it ties in very nicely with people believing that this leak is squarepusher.

lolol jokers.

anyway all that matters is that on october 16 (also my birthday) i will be buying the hello everything cd and getting music of the highest possible standard by THE FUCKING DADDY. remember him? the one who makes all the different styles of drum n bass?

phil t is a 24/7 prankster and the fact that he has confirmed this as real just makes it all the more obvious that its a joke.

somewhere in chelmsford theres a small group of people enjoying massive LOL at you lot.

Archived