IGNORED

so uh, hello everything leaked.

sisforawesome

Guest αnalogue ψings

I was listening to the Beatles the other day and they played an A major chord! On an acoustiic guitar! I mean, wtf? Those guys could afford any guitar in the world, and they knew LOTS of cool jazz chords!

Clearly fake.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lindrum Larry Cocopipe
I was listening to the Beatles the other day and they played an A major chord! On an acoustiic guitar! I mean, wtf? Those guys could afford any guitar in the world, and they knew LOTS of cool jazz chords!

Clearly fake.

you're just talking complete bollox.

although your argument is completely fucking irrelevent i think its worth mentioning that the beatles didnt use shit guitars or any form of guitar emulation.

i really dont know where you're coming from there.

all i know is that all of my friends that were casual sqpshr fans before have said that this is their fav. of his albums after listening and are now really getting into him - if this effect happens on a ton of other casual or "non-hardcore" fans then cool, not only is he drawing in more fans but he's pissing off electronic music message board fags at the same time, a win-win situation

all i know is that all of my friends that were casual sqpshr fans before have said that this is their fav. of his albums after listening and are now really getting into him - if this effect happens on a ton of other casual or "non-hardcore" fans then cool, not only is he drawing in more fans but he's pissing off electronic music message board fags at the same time, a win-win situation

i think the phrase "casual fans" tells a story all of its own

still think it's great, I don't question its validity. The best

argument I've heard supporting "def. fake" is "..it's childish, the songs are niceish..". Come on you!

What do you say about the harmonies, melodies, and song structures?! It's obviously not another Go! Plastic but

something deffinately different! I mean, every sqp album has its ups and downs...

now i really want to download this and see what it's like. maybe I'll download it and wait until after I buy the record to listen to the "leek"

i think the phrase "casual fans" tells a story all of its own
why? do people have to be rabid mouth breathing red faced wear-your-tastes-on-your-sleeve-to-define-yourself-as-a-person pricks to fully enjoy something?

ps i'm more hardcore of a squarepusher nerd than you so i think i know what im talking about

disregard lion's post. all of his friends have shitty taste in EVERYTHING.

at least they dont have a taste for mcdonalds you fat twat shit

END THE MADNESS!!

This is Squarepusher and it's some of his best music to date. The synth sounds sound like him, the melodies sound like him, the production sounds like him, everything fucking sounds like him.

The most simple conclusions I've drawn about arguments to the contrary is that:

a) these people found a different "leak" that IS fake and not the one I have.

B) these people are just having a laugh pretending they think its a fake and seeing how many dupes they can convince.

All right, ignoring this thread from now on. Just thought I'd make my closing statement.

Wow!!! Bloody hell. I look away for a few minutes and when I looked back, this thread has decayed into another argument. Once again none of the posts have anything to do with how and why people like or dislike the album, and its returned to the whole "Im more of a fan than thou" rubbish.

I cant understand how any of this is ever gonna solve anything. Everyone is so set in their opinions that theyre not gonna be persuaded one way or another, at least not until the album gets released. Maybe we should just hold on till then....maybe?

@Larry, regarding your question about the cars. Smart car anyday. There is no way I could afford to keep the veyron fueled and maintained (a set of tyres costing about £1000). It'd be a waste to try and drive it where i live. Smart cars are fun as fuck to drive, a veyron is probably just scary.

If your wondering about VST synths etc. Im fairly sure he'd be using reaktor for most of the synth sounds, since thats what a lot of his recent stuff sounds like prior to hello everything. Aside from the synth, the drums are probably the same Amen and think breaks he's always been using, There are a few parts with the glokenspiel in there, possibly in the background during meow. And the jazzier stuff sounds like a guitar, some drums and a bass being played by a person...... well. I cant think which elements are "straight off a DnB sample cd" and I cant think which synths are the horrdiously cheep free vst's. I couldnt tell you what hardware has/hasnt been used since I dont know much about external synths, other than I couldnt really care since I can make very good synths in reaktor...and AUTOMATE them, and save patches on them, and easily modify them, and share them. Probably not a very hip opinion to have. Analog is all well and good but, like the veyron, I cant afford it, I dont want it, I like technology which makes things easier. I prefer the digital sounds as well.

PLEASE can we just allow the is it or isnt it Squarepusher argument. I'ts getting, maybe just a little stale.

I still don't see why it's impossible for Squarepusher to purposely use a "worse" sound for artistic reasons. Have you ever heard of chiptunes? Or Analord? Guess not. There's a reason I haven't spent any money on hardware synths myself. Every fucker thinks he needs them to sound like "MAXIMUM HARDCORE PRO electronic music SCIENCE". Music isn't about the goddamn instruments you use, music is about beauty, and that used to be what electronic music was about, not about the size of your analogue penis/bank account.

can be appreciated without the need to hide them behind DSP smoke and mirrors, unlike some other people *coughsnarescough*

fuck you, the stuff on Cavalcade of Glee is more melodically/harmonically beautiful than 98% of Squarepusher's output.

fuck you, the stuff on Cavalcade of Glee is more melodically/harmonically beautiful than 98% of Squarepusher's output.

rubbish, imo

calvacade synth lines are just simple arpeggios with tons of layered drum sounds on every 16th... not that i totally dislike it, but you can't compare it to squarepusher cos in his music melody, rhythm and sound are interacting, even if the songs are simple, as on hello everything. thats good music.

but... let us not start the mandatory vsnares discussion here, i hate this. better post HERE instead.

seriously, would you all shut the fuck up? what are you even arguing about? children in iraq are dying while we're getting an adrenaline rush over whether or not tom jenkinson really did compose this album.

Guest AlexPallas
seriously, would you all shut the fuck up? what are you even arguing about? children in iraq are dying while we're getting an adrenaline rush over whether or not tom jenkinson really did compose this album.

lol. 'holier than thou'

oh shutup you fucking spastic

oh shutup you fucking spastic

avlindrum.jpg

courtesy of fred mcgriff

Guest version2006

Is Iraq some new VST I haven't heard of? How does it kill children? I would love to hear a demo. I'm safe cause I am not a child.

image_helen.gif

WILL SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!

Archived