IGNORED

so uh, hello everything leaked.

sisforawesome

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Larry, I still don't see why it's impossible for Squarepusher to use shitty offtune softsynths. Btw, if it's a softsynth, doesn't that completely invalidate the idea of it being offtune?

People instantly dismiss something because of the name on it too.

Has anyone ever heard of HYPERFUKBOT?

best first post ever

true dat

Guest Lindrum Larry Cocopipe

blah blah lol

you believe that this piece of shit is squarepusher.

ooooohhhhhh dear

Guest αnalogue ψings
blah blah lol

you believe that this piece of shit is squarepusher.

ooooohhhhhh dear

hey Larry, just spoke to Tom. He says he's never speaking to you again. Deleted you out of his Blackberry and everything. Sorry.

ok, five oil grinding american dollars say that it's the real deal

ok you're on

any more takers?

100 quid

ok you're on

any more takers?

deal

Guest bumfair

I'd bet more, but it's rude to take candy from a baby. And I already know the answer.

100 quid

ok you're on

any more takers?

deal

Guest splagawaga

There are a couple things that've convinced me this is genuine squarepusher.

The first is that the version of Modern bass guitar is of much higher quality than the one from the warp homepage. It mustve come from either a genuine copy of the album, or from Squarepusher himself. Either way, if one track is definately Squarepusher, and is of a much higher quality than the other version available from the warp page, its only logical to assume that the rest of the tracks are too.

Second is that when the album was leeked the mp3's where already named and labled. However,. the track listing hadnt been anounced. This thread was started on August 21st. I got the warpbot Email which was sent out on the 22nd of August which announces that there will be 3 "digital singles" for download from bleep, the first of which will be Welcome to europe. I can only imagine that this is a knee jerk reaction from Warp to at least get some money for this album, I know I will buy this when its released, but how many other people will? The point is that it confirms that the track names are correct without ever being announced.

Finally, it sounds exactly like squarepusher, proof enough IMO. The chords, the melodies, the bass playing, even the mix. Its all squarepusher, even the way the amen sounds. He always seems to EQ and compress that beat in the same way, and it sounds just like that on hello everything. Tundra 4 springs to mind, the sound of the amen coming in during the first builds up at the beginig, the character and tone are identical to the way the beat comes in during planetarium. Just little things like than just serve to reasure me even more. It would make sence to find comparisons between Hello everything and his most recent work prior to it. The mood, tone, style and mix all sound like a more developed form of where he was for Venus 17.

I also went in with a sceptical point of view, but I cant see how your so convinced this is not Squarepusher. Granted its a promo. There may be small differences in the mix between this and the proper release. And hopefully some oif tracks will be longer. But what we have here is definately Squarepusher

Ive heard a few promos of different artists before, and pretty much everytime there have sections removed form the full release versions. I suspect that the same might be the case here because a few of the endings are quite abrupt. Maybe this is where all the full-on wig out drum sequencing will be. After all, Tetra sync doesnt really go crazy untill a long way into the track. Either way, I love what there is ATM, full version or otherwise.

I apologise if I'm wrong about the dates, but it seems as though the tracks where correctly labled before the track listing had been announced. The track names seem to have been confirmed by Warp in the warpbot letter.

I cant think why your so persistent over this. I can only imagine that your standing your ground out of sheer stubborness, and perhaps a hope that you might be right and the REST OF THE WORLD might be wrong.

Im convinced its Squarepusher, but even if it somehow turns out not to be, its a great album none-the-less, cant you not just enjoy it regardless?

If you are so sure its not squarepusher, might I suggest that you are slightly less rude in voicing your opinions. The more you piss people off, the harder they'll hope you to fall, and the more embarrising it will be for yourself.

Guest evolume
well im guessing that most of us have paypal accounts so lets make some bets yeh?

I will bet $50 that the leak is not 100% fake. but how do we ensure that after it is proven you are wrong, you don't just say "oh the leaked version i got was different than you guys. shucks!" somebody should maybe list track times and file sizes or something.

Guest evolume
Ive heard a few promos of different artists before, and pretty much everytime there have sections removed form the full release versions. I suspect that the same might be the case here because a few of the endings are quite abrupt. Maybe this is where all the full-on wig out drum sequencing will be. After all, Tetra sync doesnt really go crazy untill a long way into the track. Either way, I love what there is ATM, full version or otherwise.

this is a good point. what if this IS squarepusher but the release is slightly different? I don't want to see you weasling out paying us off. let us clarify this bet.

I must say (this will sound stupid) that I am annoyed by the depth of dynamics in this album. The song will be playing quietly and then a few minutes later its blasting from my speakers. Then I have to turn it down or my mam will bother me. I do realize that the mind has natural compressors but im lazy and dont want to work that hard. Its hard for me to enjoy music sometime when I have to give full attention to it. The content is easy listening but the dynamics are not. The sense of energy can increase without overall volume increase, hence the use of compressors in modern music.

There are a couple things that've convinced me this is genuine squarepusher.

The first is that the version of Modern bass guitar is of much higher quality than the one from the warp homepage. It mustve come from either a genuine copy of the album, or from Squarepusher himself. Either way, if one track is definately Squarepusher, and is of a much higher quality than the other version available from the warp page, its only logical to assume that the rest of the tracks are too.

Second is that when the album was leeked the mp3's where already named and labled. However,. the track listing hadnt been anounced. This thread was started on August 21st. I got the warpbot Email which was sent out on the 22nd of August which announces that there will be 3 "digital singles" for download from bleep, the first of which will be Welcome to europe. I can only imagine that this is a knee jerk reaction from Warp to at least get some money for this album, I know I will buy this when its released, but how many other people will? The point is that it confirms that the track names are correct without ever being announced.

Finally, it sounds exactly like squarepusher, proof enough IMO. The chords, the melodies, the bass playing, even the mix. Its all squarepusher, even the way the amen sounds. He always seems to EQ and compress that beat in the same way, and it sounds just like that on hello everything. Tundra 4 springs to mind, the sound of the amen coming in during the first builds up at the beginig, the character and tone are identical to the way the beat comes in during planetarium. Just little things like than just serve to reasure me even more. It would make sence to find comparisons between Hello everything and his most recent work prior to it. The mood, tone, style and mix all sound like a more developed form of where he was for Venus 17.

I also went in with a sceptical point of view, but I cant see how your so convinced this is not Squarepusher. Granted its a promo. There may be small differences in the mix between this and the proper release. And hopefully some oif tracks will be longer. But what we have here is definately Squarepusher

I apologise if I'm wrong about the dates, but it seems as though the tracks where correctly labled before the track listing had been announced. The track names seem to have been confirmed by Warp in the warpbot letter.

I cant think why your so persistent over this. I can only imagine that your standing your ground out of sheer stubborness, and perhaps a hope that you might be right and the REST OF THE WORLD might be wrong.

Im convinced its Squarepusher, but even if it somehow turns out not to be, its a great album none-the-less, cant you not just enjoy it regardless?

If you are so sure its not squarepusher, might I suggest that you are slightly less rude in voicing your opinions. The more you piss people off, the harder they'll hope you to fall, and the more embarrising it will be for yourself.

DO ME A FUCKING FAVOUR YOU SLAG

Guest splagawaga
I must say (this will sound stupid) that I am annoyed by the depth of dynamics in this album. The song will be playing quietly and then a few minutes later its blasting from my speakers. Then I have to turn it down or my mam will bother me. I do realize that the mind has natural compressors but im lazy and dont want to work that hard. Its hard for me to enjoy music sometime when I have to give full attention to it. The content is easy listening but the dynamics are not. The sense of energy can increase without overall volume increase, hence the use of compressors in modern music.

This could just be an early mastering though. I'd noticed the same thing with the dynamics, but I suspect that the finished product might resolve these issues. That said, Ultravisitor had a similar problem too.

Archived