IGNORED

so uh, hello everything leaked.

sisforawesome

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The album is real, Larry's starting to back away from him saying he knows who it really is (see his last few posts), and WHY IN THE FUCK would Tom (or anyone worth their musical salt) go through all the trouble to make a 'fake' full album just to throw off the masses? Give me a fucking break.

I personally love Hello Meow and Planetarium, some other tracks I still skip over (even after all these months), and overall a decent album from Tom. Exactly what I expected from a new Squarepusher release. I'm personally glad he's moved away from the beat chopped mess that was the majority of DYKS and parts of Ultravisitor.

Now, let's pray for an Autechre album we don't have to listen to 40 times to 'get', and a nice EP from Richard that isn't him farting into a microphone for 20 minutes.

Now, let's pray for an Autechre album we don't have to listen to 40 times to 'get', and a nice EP from Richard that isn't him farting into a microphone for 20 minutes.

And toss in a nice new :boc: album / old tunes bocset while you're at it, plix :flower:

fuck you, the stuff on Cavalcade of Glee is more melodically/harmonically beautiful than 98% of Squarepusher's output.

rubbish, imo

calvacade synth lines are just simple arpeggios with tons of layered drum sounds on every 16th... not that i totally dislike it, but you can't compare it to squarepusher cos in his music melody, rhythm and sound are interacting, even if the songs are simple, as on hello everything. thats good music.

but... let us not start the mandatory vsnares discussion here, i hate this. better post.

You can't prove the beauty of a piece of music by debate.

Guest Adjective

boring leak

boring thread

it's certainly real because there's 3-ish decent tracks surrounded by crap, which is his signature

fuck you, the stuff on Cavalcade of Glee is more melodically/harmonically beautiful than 98% of Squarepusher's output.

rubbish, imo

calvacade synth lines are just simple arpeggios with tons of layered drum sounds on every 16th... not that i totally dislike it, but you can't compare it to squarepusher cos in his music melody, rhythm and sound are interacting, even if the songs are simple, as on hello everything. thats good music.

but... let us not start the mandatory vsnares discussion here, i hate this. better post.

You can't prove the beauty of a piece of music by debate.

true... just tried to describe my opinion.

Guest Lindrum Larry Cocopipe
Hey Larry, I commissioned an original artwork for you:

avlindrum.jpg

Can you tell what it is yet?

hello everything hoax?

Sounds great to me.

I'm liking the new direction. It's good that he's using a diverse range of styles as opposed to fully committing to one particular direction (MIRON, Maximum Priest etc). Production wise, along with Ultravistor, it's his fullest sounding album in my book.

Like Ultravisitor though, it has its fair share of filler – which is ridiculous on an album of any length, let alone one with only 12 tracks. Tracks 5,6,7 are utterly pointless in my book and don't stand up on their own at all. And why he felt the need to put that pointless bass run in at the start of track 3 is beyond me.

Tetra Sync aside, this is his best stuff since FMWT and Hard Normal Daddy.

so, i heard that in ultravisitor he made that "special" type of sound to make it sound LIVE RECORDED RIGHT?!?!? i´m ok about that...

now, this new album, not only the breaks are too damn away in the mix, but also it lacks a lot in mixing, it doesn´t sound "mastered" at all! wich sucks...

any clue if it´s "unmastered" or what?!?!?

all the melodie arrangement on planetarium iz fucking BEAUTIFULL!!!

now, this new album, not only the breaks are too damn away in the mix, but also it lacks a lot in mixing, it doesn´t sound "mastered" at all! wich sucks...

Could be. I wouldnt be suprised. Recently, a lot of warp releases have had quite a bad mastering IMO. Maybe since signing all these shitty bands (grizzly bear etc) theyve entered into a new mastering contract with a different engineer. Theyre probably so used to mastering crap bands who want that crappy sound that theyre completely lost on something with a little complexity like hello everything.

Either that or, since signing bands like maximo park, warp peeps have decided that spending a lot of money on someone like squarepusher isnt finacially viable since it appeals to a smaller market than Maximo.

Venus 17 was pretty badly mastered too IMO.

Im hoping though, that since its just a promo it hasnt been properly mastered yet, Im also hoping that some of the tracks will be a little longer. fingers crossed.

I thought it might be safe to check back on this thread now that I've had a time out. I do think the leak's probably unmastered, just sounds that way. Then again a lot of his past stuff also sounds unmastered, so *shrug*

Glad to see we've moved beyond the "it's gotta be fake" discussion.

Does warp really just have one guy they always go to for mastering? Seems like something the artists should have more say in. Hopefully they get to give the final "okay" at least. I'd be so pissed if I finished an album, sent it off to be mastered, and had it turn out worse than the original mix. I've heard that done too (not speaking about my own music, another artist... and I think it's probably the case for U2's album Pop too). If a label's got a good variety of artists with different styles, they should also have a good assortment of mastering outlets to choose from. Some people are great at mastering rock music but would be shit with electronic and vica versa.

Archived