IGNORED

SAWII has gone missing!!!???

Guest TI-86

Guest Mental Eclipse

I tend to buy most of my music from amazon.com. I’ve been a fan of the site and have discovered many artists by looking though user lists ect. Anyway, I was going to buy SAWII from the site when suddenly it completely disappeared from the site (including it's profile). Usually when amazon.com runs out of stock they will keep all the user reviews and profile info available for the release, but the CD has completely gone missing. All of the reviews are gone and worst of all the seller options have also disappeared so now there is no way for me to get the album (except maybe ebay). I've never seen this happen to any CD on the site before and it's even been taken out of all the user lists. If you try searching for it on the site it won’t even appear. Does anyone know what happened?

Guest Captain Cooper

It's a Hexagon Sun conspiracy to slowly eliminate all non-BoC electronic music.

*waits to be "silenced"*

:laughing:

Guest Mental Eclipse
just buy it from ebay what the problem?

There isn't a problem really. It's just really wired since it just dissapeard from the site.

Guest Mental Eclipse
have you ever heard of these things called record shops?

I wish there were record shops around where I live. The only electronic music that I can find around here is "Daft Punk" and "Moby". I pretty much rely on the internet for music.

I just found out something really wierd. I was just looking on amazon.co.uk and SAWII is in stock and everything is normal. Why does the UK version have it and the U.S version not?

I was contemplating buying it too a couple days ago, and noticed the same thing. I had seen it there before, so it's not like they had never sold it in the first place. I really have no idea why, but it doesn't really matter because you can still get it from other sites (bleep, best buy, overstock.com, circuit city). Unforunately I can't find this or similar music at any record store near me either.

Guest Mental Eclipse
well what are you waiting for

I've been raised that's its evil and shameful so now when I want to do it I feel uncomfortable and can't do it. I think I need someone else to do it for me first.

Guest endangered betche
I just found out something really wierd. I was just looking on amazon.co.uk and SAWII is in stock and everything is normal. Why does the UK version have it and the U.S version not?

I think I figured it out - Sire is the US distributor for Aphex, and there must have been a contract that specified a time length on the distribution. SAW 2 came out almost exactly ten years ago, so knowing the greedy bastard that Richard is, Amazon and other online shops were legally bound to stop carrying the cd.

:whistling:

Guest Mental Eclipse
I just found out something really weird. I was just looking on amazon.co.uk and SAWII is in stock and everything is normal. Why does the UK version have it and the U.S version not?

I think I figured it out - Sire is the US distributor for Aphex, and there must have been a contract that specified a time length on the distribution. SAW 2 came out almost exactly ten years ago, so knowing the greedy bastard that Richard is, Amazon and other online shops were legally bound to stop carrying the cd.

That's a good idea but if that were the case then why would the album profile be missing? There are many albums that Amazon doesn't carry however they still keep the album profile on the site so people can sell used copies or write reviews. Not only is the album not being sold but the sites not even showing that it exists.

Guest snakes on a motherfucking plane
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005Y1T...TF8&s=music = 13.99

:aphexsign:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000005RH...TF8&s=music = 49.99

:confused:

I think it has to do with an original pressing and not a reissue.

both of those links are for the repress. the original release was on R&S/Apollo not Play It Again Sam

Guest aphexvancouver

My sister had to order a new SAW 2 CD ( worn out from playing it too much for 10 years)also and she also couldnt find it anywhere so she simply ordered from Warp Records. They still have it in stock

amazon.com:

Product Description

Re-released at a lower price for a limited time. 1996 Belgian release on the R&S label featuring 13 tracks, including 'Xtal', 'Tha' and 'Actium'. Standard jewel case.

That shit makes laugh. YOu can't fucking walk into a tower records or HMV without seeing SAW 85-92 staring you in the face.

Bloody hell, how many copies were there??

Copies of what? SAW 2? lots and lots and lots.

Archived